[Patch] (Alpha 9) Priority Haul & Vein Miner Orders Menu

Started by 1000101, February 16, 2015, 01:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: darhoth on February 23, 2015, 05:40:29 PM
Got it to work. Just replaced the Designations file in the 2nd of the two mods that was loading.
Shouldn't be necessary, but that is how I originally got them to show up together for myself.  As a result, I created a stand-alone patch (oxymoron?).

Quote from: darhoth on February 23, 2015, 05:40:29 PMThanks for putting this together.
Well, I enjoy the game and the mods, I am just trying to give back in some small way.

Quote from: darhoth on February 23, 2015, 05:40:29 PMYou know instead of knocking us newbies to the forums for asking questions, maybe take it as a good thing that we felt it worth making our first posts in your thread. It is a pretty easy explanation for how to fix, ...
Those statements amount to "too lazy to self diagnose."  I understand that people are new to things, everyone was a first timer too.  But, the major distinction between people who stay as "newbs" and those who advance is taking the first steps to try to fix it yourself.  ie, "shit, did *I* not do something right in the process," vs going straight to the forum to blast, "I can't get your shit to work."  And yes, it is fairly simple to fix the problem.  Glad you took the time to actually try for yourself.  Although simply making sure that More Designators is loaded after the mods it's patching (makes sense, can't patch what hasn't been loaded) solves 100% of the problems and avoids the whole facepalm issue.

Quote from: darhoth on February 23, 2015, 05:40:29 PM...instead of criticizing folks for not reading whatever else you think they should have read or know.
Unless this is your first day on the internet, you already know you should read stickies and do some research.  In fact, 9 in 10 forums, the first stickied post usually states exactly that, "rtfm," although, usually worded a little more flowery.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.