[Patch] (Alpha 9) Priority Haul & Vein Miner Orders Menu

Started by 1000101, February 16, 2015, 01:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey y'all,

This is just a simple patch (anyone could make it, really) for Gaesatae's and JuliaEllie's great mods Priority Haul and Vein Miner, respectively.

While this patch is extremely simple, some people may not know where to go/what to do to get the two mods to work show up in the designators tab.

Note, this does NOT include either of the two mods, for those go here:
Priority Haul by Gaesatae
Vein Miner by JuliaEllie

I take no credit for anything associated with either of the two mods.  This mod is just a simple menu patch.

Load More Designators *after* Vein Miner and Priority Haul.

100% compatible with Alpha 8 and Alpha 9.  Best OOB experience to-date!  etc.

[attachment deleted due to age]
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Rock5

So... what does this mod do exactly? What does it do?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

elStrages

Quote from: Rock5 on February 17, 2015, 09:25:16 AM
So... what does this mod do exactly? What does it do?
I will answer this quote with a quote:
Quote from: 1000101 on February 16, 2015, 01:08:41 PM
This mod is just a simple menu patch.

Yes, without any alteration, any mods which alter the designators tab ("Orders") will block each other and the last one loaded will show.

This means that Vein Miner will block Haul Priority and Haul Priority will block Vein Miner.  The mods aren't incompatible, they just lack each others menu, hence this small patch.

You could easily do this on your own and some people probably did in some form on their own.  This is for people want both but don't know how to do it.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

"Updated" to Alpha 9.

Kid Tested.  Mother Approved.  (Not of this product, however.)

Powered By

derp?

See the first post.

"* More Designators.7z (0.75 kB - downloaded somenumberof times.)"

Powered By

darhoth

Ok to ask the dumb question, how do you get this to work? Is it a mod or replacing a file somewhere in the mods?

Fox

Tesak

Quote from: darhoth on February 22, 2015, 12:28:01 AM
Ok to ask the dumb question, how do you get this to work? Is it a mod or replacing a file somewhere in the mods?
Quote from: Tesak on February 22, 2015, 05:19:23 AM
Need fix

Quote from: 1000101 on February 16, 2015, 01:08:41 PMLoad More Designators *after* Vein Miner and Priority Haul.

Easy and intended:  Install it exactly like a mod *after* you install Haul Priority AND Vein Miner so that More Designators is loaded AFTER those two.  I recommend using either EdBModOrder and/or RW Launcher.

Harder and just as workable:  Copy the one real file which More Designators provides, replacing the same file in either (not both) Haul Priority or Vein Miner, which ever is *last* in your load order.  Delete more Designators.

Since this is a menu PATCH, it MUST be loaded AFTER the mods it's patching.  Common sense?  Simple logic?  How is this even coming up?

There is nothing wrong with this mod patch!  It works for Alpha 8 and Alpha 9.  Period.

Given that it is new users on the forums who are having "issues," I would suggest that said new users simply haven't done the steps required to resolve their own issues, namely, read forum stickies, read the game wikis, read the help and troubleshooting forums, common sense.