JuliaEllie

!Shinzy edit!
Quote from: Hatti on November 26, 2017, 10:29:10 AM
B18
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v8ssflnirnpkwl/VeinMiner.rar
!Shinzy edit!

STOP!! Mining Time!!

Hey guys this is my new mod. Its called VeinMiner and it mines veins :D

Click on one visible ore cell and it will designate the whole vein for mining.

Have fun.

UPDATE
Should work with any ore now. Works perfectly with Expanded Mining and therefore should work with all ores that have a proper ThingDef.
<isResourceRock>true</isResourceRock> is the key!

UPDATE
Added Mining Brush which allows one click circle mining designations. Per default when you first click the brush icon it will have the perfect radius of a Trade Beacon but you can change the size with Q and E keys up to a radius of 30 - be aware the bigger radii might cause your PC to smelt. 

Actually this should have become a whole new mod but it could have caused issues using VeinMiner and MineBrush together and I didnt feel like making a DesignatorNurse at the moment. If we run into the designator def problems more with other mods using them I might think about making a DesignatorNurse. :D

Tell me what you think

UPDATE
DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND I ADDED Gentz UPDATE TO THE ORIGINAL POST!! Thanks for updating it my friend

Have fun!!

DOWNLOAD NOW FOR A15
-link stolen from kaptain_kaverns post 1337 hax

P.S. name totaly not stolen from another mod 8)

Shinzy

JELLIE!
you deliberately come up with these right after I've spent the previous day setting up trade beacon zones or mining veins black by block for hours on end

I wish you wohnt (German skills!) in NZ like itchy so you could release these like a day earlier

chaotix14

Another good example of small things that make a huge difference when running a colony, no more miners slacking off with ore right in front of them and more importantly no more checking that you designated all the ore in a vein.

Berengar

Quote from: Shinzy on January 25, 2015, 07:24:16 AM
I wish you wohnt (German skills!) in NZ like itchy so you could release these like a day earlier

Ich wünschte du würdest wie Itchy in NZ wohnen, so das deine Mods einen Tag früher veröffentlicht werden.
:P

SilverDragon

Nice juliaellie! :D I'll add this to the plethora of mods I'm using! ;D

shade88

The way things are going, this'll be another new feature added in alpha 9.  :P

Seriously, though, awesome mod! ;D

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

SilverDragon

Oh hey juliaellie, if I decide to make a modpack that I rig to be fully compatible with each other, can I use your mods in it? :3

Shinzy

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 25, 2015, 02:32:37 PM
Oh hey juliaellie, if I decide to make a modpack that I rig to be fully compatible with each other, can I use your mods in it? :3
Are you gna call it 'Alpha 9' =P *tickles*

SilverDragon

Quote from: Shinzy on January 25, 2015, 02:39:52 PM
Quote from: SilverDragon on January 25, 2015, 02:32:37 PM
Are you gna call it 'Alpha 9' =P *tickles*

lol i see what you did there!  ;D
But seriously, I got a bunch of mods (90+) that modify the same files, so I'm kinda wanting to make a bundle that has all those fixed. :) I mean, mine are working fine since i assimilate the mods into my existing files, but if people just download and slap the files into the mod folder, they wont work since the same file will be loaded multiple times and there can be only one!  8)

chaotix14

Yeesh, you guys. All that fun stuff being created and all those useful additions. Makes me wanna do some modding myself, but then I remember... I got no real ideas of stuff I'd want to add to the game, couldn't even make semi-okay textures if my life depended on it and I basically am stuck to modding with xml files.

SilverDragon

Quote from: chaotix14 on January 25, 2015, 03:00:56 PM
Yeesh, you guys. All that fun stuff being created and all those useful additions. Makes me wanna do some modding myself, but then I remember... I got no real ideas of stuff I'd want to add to the game, couldn't even make semi-okay textures if my life depended on it and I basically am stuck to modding with xml files.

I can draw a potato!  ;D But don't tell anyone I was just trying to draw a circle.
Messing around with the .xml is a good start, getting familiar with how things work and just extending yourself from there. :) I love modding and the Rimworld community, such good people everywhere. <3

Ouan

Damn your eyes! I find myself getting sucked into making a new Alpha 8 colony and what do I see? Yet another awesome mod! I take a few weeks off the Rim and all sorts of magical goodies present themselves. Good job yet again!
Damn Pirates!

Vaperius

This is one of those very useful utility mods that almost certainly needs to get in the main game ASAP
I remain Vigilant.

MisterLock

To each his own.