[MOD] (Alpha 8) IceSheet (Ice Biome, Now with water world!)(1.2a)

Started by iame6162013, December 10, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iame6162013

Description:
Just a small mod to enable the IceSheet Biome hmmm
(and add some ice floor (spawn only...) to make it nice and white!)
Screens
Now you can land on this one xD let's see if I die...

(all of it get's white but first you must wait a bit for it to snow!)

Credits:
Wolfsies, was created by ItchyFlea thx!

ChangeLog:
1.2a
added wolfsies (by ItchyFlea)
1.1a
fixed a bug ... (i had new concrete textures in the mod file accidentally) :/

FakeBugs:
if you have animals in the open and get a message that "they are hypodermic and that this might be a bug", This is NOT a bug they are indeed hypodermic but it can get cold on an ice sheet.

DownLoad :
The download is here and up^^ there.
it's version 1.2a

WaterWorld!
the download is Here
OMG OMG OMG...
(be aware for bug, remember to save often)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Ramsis

Essentially it needs to be minimal stone. Think ice dessert with ice/snow and ocean patches.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

iame6162013

Quote from: Ramsis on December 10, 2014, 02:51:13 PM
Essentially it needs to be minimal stone. Think ice dessert with ice/snow and ocean patches.
i din't think we where able to change the terrain editor like that though.
but if you say it's possible i will look into it.
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

HBKRKO619

There still a problem it seem. There is no files to extract from the downlaod o-O

iame6162013

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on December 11, 2014, 06:24:54 AM
There still a problem it seem. There is no files to extract from the downlaod o-O
Fixed!

ItchyFlea

Something tells me that surviving here would be difficult. Not being able to grow food/cotton for parkas until hydroponics adds to the challenge.

I almost feel sorry for the colonists. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Rikiki

Are there any animals to hunt on this kind of biome? Penguin, seal, white bear or walrus?
I remember ItchyFlee implemented some biomes for Alpha 6(?) with penguins. You may ask him for the texture.

Nice idea for a good starting challenge! :)

iame6162013

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 11, 2014, 03:28:25 PM
Something tells me that surviving here would be difficult. Not being able to grow food/cotton for parkas until hydroponics adds to the challenge.

Actually it's plausible to do this, i had 2 researching it and i was able to get hydroponics before my survival packs ran out xD

Quote from: Rikiki on December 11, 2014, 05:40:49 PM
Are there any animals to hunt on this kind of biome? Penguin, seal, white bear or walrus?
I remember ItchyFlee implemented some biomes for Alpha 6(?) with penguins. You may ask him for the texture.

Nice idea for a good starting challenge! :)
I'll look into it!

xort

Quote from: ItchyFlea on December 11, 2014, 03:28:25 PM

That hard part isn't the cold, it's the lack of fertile ground before hydroponics.
Can't grow on ice, so you are stuck looking for gravel, box it in and heat it up.

The lack of animals also puts a cap on the meal quality.

When winter comes, in September and the temp drops to -70C you more or less have to lock the front door and work on your mines still June.

When the power goes due to solar flares you normal lose all your crops. Keeping the temp just below the too hot temp almost keeps your stuff alive.

Tynan

Today I watched Dean Hall (creator of DayZ) and Sacriel (big twitch caster) play a game with this mod. Looked hella fun :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

iame6162013

Quote from: Tynan on December 13, 2014, 03:19:00 AM
Today I watched Dean Hall (creator of DayZ) and Sacriel (big twitch caster) play a game with this mod. Looked hella fun :)
Really? Thank you! :)
by the way this made me speechless... omg.... I'm so happy :D

securitycop

(( error 404 attachment not found ))

cant download it )*8

Tynan

Sorry the forum borked and corrupted all the attachments :(
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

iame6162013

Quote from: securitycop on December 13, 2014, 02:23:15 PM
(( error 404 attachment not found ))

cant download it )*8
well i know, that's why there is the link (it also says it is under the download section)
here it is again link

Rhadamant

If you want a cold seed just use the seed "ice" and look at the top upper right hand corner of the map.