[MOD](A9) Cybernetic Storm - Balances and Fix (v3.5 - 19MAR15)

Started by elStrages, December 11, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on December 13, 2014, 12:20:27 PM
I got the same problem but I don't know how to fix it.

HALP!

Me need good mod and this is good mod  :-[

Is it the link here that is broken? The download from media file? or the actual received zip file that is the problem?

isgrimur

---
CyberneticsStorm_v1.4.zip
File size: 191.15 KB
Uploaded: 2014-12-12 18:53:41
---
link (195.741 bytes) is fine. the file somehow is corrupted for windows zip (win7).
for short fix use something like 7z (http://www.7-zip.org/)

elStrages

Damn my new computer. I will upload some different files and get them added!

EDIT: I have added a rar and a zip version of the file, hopefully that will resolve a few issues. I will look into adding it to another site later on this weekend.  But as it stands I would suggest downloading WinRAR or the above stated program to open the file.

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: elStrages on December 12, 2014, 10:49:19 PM
Quote from: pollgg12 on December 12, 2014, 10:29:45 PM
It wont let me open the folder for some reason it says the folder is invalid

How strange, I have just checked and the file is fine.
and it has 15 downloads on mediafire.

the zip version complained about an invalid archive.  using windows 8.1 native.
the rar version was  ok :)

elStrages

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on December 13, 2014, 04:32:45 PM
Quote from: elStrages on December 12, 2014, 10:49:19 PM
Quote from: pollgg12 on December 12, 2014, 10:29:45 PM
It wont let me open the folder for some reason it says the folder is invalid

How strange, I have just checked and the file is fine.
and it has 15 downloads on mediafire.

the zip version complained about an invalid archive.
the rar version was  ok :)
wonderful, thank you for the information, I will post both in future.

elStrages

Fully updated to v1.6 added a lot of content today, hope you enjoy it and let me know if there is any roubles.

Dave-In-Texas

Thanks so much for posting both versions.  for whatever reason the way you are creating the zip archive is not understood by the built in compression tools for windows 8.1;  I have no desire to add another program for it so i'm glad you're posting rar.  it may not be handled natively but mZip handles them splendidly :)

I look forward to exploring the new content (and most of the old, hadn't got very far in on my last game)

elStrages

Your welcome, I'm just glad the issue was resolved :) happy gaming!

elStrages

Just had 450 downloads of this MOD. So just wanted to say thank you guys and gals :) it's nice to know people are interested.

palandus

I'm curious, will you be making Bionic parts to repair specific damage that currently has no solution ingame?

Ex. If a Colonist gets a stab wound scar or have the "Bad Back" disease they keep those problems permanently.

So, do you think you might make a:
-> Bionic Spine = I suggest this to handle the "Bad Back" disease
-> Bionic Torso = When you have a torso stab wound, it remains forever
-> Bionic Ribs = When a rib gets shattered, it remains shattered permanently
-> Bionic Skull = For all those special head wounds that aren't brain damage

Otherwise, if you wanted to include a Bionic Foot / Bionic Hand, that might be useful as well for hand/foot related injuries (though a Bionic Leg or Bionic Arm fixes those problems anyway)

elStrages

Quote from: palandus on December 15, 2014, 01:56:46 PM
I'm curious, will you be making Bionic parts to repair specific damage that currently has no solution ingame?

Ex. If a Colonist gets a stab wound scar or have the "Bad Back" disease they keep those problems permanently.

So, do you think you might make a:
-> Bionic Spine = I suggest this to handle the "Bad Back" disease
-> Bionic Torso = When you have a torso stab wound, it remains forever
-> Bionic Ribs = When a rib gets shattered, it remains shattered permanently
-> Bionic Skull = For all those special head wounds that aren't brain damage

Otherwise, if you wanted to include a Bionic Foot / Bionic Hand, that might be useful as well for hand/foot related injuries (though a Bionic Leg or Bionic Arm fixes those problems anyway)

In short yes, in long yes

Long version:  I plan on adding a lot of things like this, my main issue s things like the torso are an overriding body part, so if you install to that location it uninstalls everything bellow it, because of the way the pawns are coded. I plan on adding metal bones into the game as well as a range of armours.  I will be updating the whole thing this weekend in one massive update. I want to get a big one in before xmas. I will also be adding a vast range of implants and 4 tiers of implant will be available. weapons, mechs and so on, it will be all uber Cybernetic.
My main issue with the whole process is not being able to install multiple items in once surgery.

I hope that helps and see the spoiler bellow

[attachment deleted due to age]

elStrages

I have been told about some possible issues with the MOD things not being created. Is there a tester out there who can help me with combing the current 1.6 version for faults?

EvilNickolas

Is there some reason why the nano fusion reactor cant be rotated?

also, i had a look. i can understand why people think that items are missing/not being loaded.

in the mods description you mention items such as Nanoponics, the nano weave/thread/steel, and the nano organ/body parts.

but i take it that fact i cant find a single trace in the files in regards to these items means that they aren’t implemented yet? (ive only recently started to use this mod, so i don’t know whether they were in previously or not)

i have a feeling that this is why people think items are missing.

(ps: i had to use the rar version of alpha 8 because the zip ver was corrupted)

elStrages

Thanks for the information are you using the most current version 1.6 as they should all be in there. I double checked before I uploaded it and I don't add stuff to the chane log unless it's in there. In the mod folder under Defs and thing defs should be an items resource in there should be all the resource data.
Can you double check this for me may have made a big boo boo

As for the generator it's because they are part of the generators which are all square and don't need to rotate. I think need a dll updated to include them in order to rotate it. But I will look into it thanks :)

npeters6546

First off let me say that you sir have done an awesome job so far and I think you have an amazing vision for what you want this MOD to be. On that note, I've been using your mod for the last few days hoping it could fill the void left by the lack of update to the extended surgery and biotic parts and I've noticed a few things so far that need fixing and maybe some tweaking.

Things that need fixing:
-You cannot create the brain or advanced brain. You can create a bill for them but pawns will never build either of them. Same with the nano implant.
-When I try to create nanoweave it instead makes carbon fibre.
-Cant rotate the nano power plant.

Suggestions:
-IMO it would be nice to have just the 3 tiers of augments: Biotic<nano<cybernetic. It gets hard to keep track of all the different parts.
-Cybernetic organisms should be made in growing tanks with human meat and require alot of time to grow
-Too many crafting tables. Maybe mechanical table for Biotic parts, a fusion table table for nano parts, and growing tank for cybernetic. So 3 tables in total?
-I think biotic parts shouldn't require cloth. Maybe just the prosthetic limb and plasteel? Brains could require nanites and Ai core.
-It would be nice to see larger resource requirements for recipes and less "tedious" requirements like converting cloth to synthread. Like instead of 5 synthread 5 hyperweave 10 plasteel and 1 nanites have it be 75 cloth 20 plasteel and 1 nanites

These are just some ideas I have and maybe they're not as good as I think but I am really excited for this MOD and just saying whats on my mind. if you want any help testing or any idea hit me up.