[Outdated] Marvin's Hot and Cold Pack IV

Started by RemingtonRyder, December 12, 2014, 12:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

Quote from: MarvinKosh on January 28, 2016, 03:58:59 PM
It is technically possible to get an extreme heat wave after just two months. Perhaps it should not fire until at least six months after landing - so if you land in temperate during the summer, you can't get one until next year at least. What do you think?
That seems a little more reasonable, and the same for cold snap.  Overall the events seem almost guaranteed to hit you every year, and it feels more like climate than an exceptional temperature swing.  You should probably also make sure the min time between is at least a couple of years.  You should probably also leave in the vanilla heat wave/cold snap at their original frequency and duration and have your custom events be the "omg super hot/cold season that rarely happens".

RemingtonRyder

The time between is currently eight and sixteen months for regular and extreme versions. Bumped it up slightly to nine and eighteen months respectively, which combined with the temperature requirements, should make them less of a guaranteed thing.

I also upped the minimum time to six months for the extreme versions.

I sort of like the longer duration myself, it gives more time for heat stroke or hypothermia to set in. There's no problem if you personally want to mod those values, since the math will adjust accordingly:

float adjDuration = duration - 2 * lerpTime;
// Handles small durations, decreases lerpTime
if (adjDuration < 15000) {
adjDuration = duration/5;
lerpTime = 2 * duration / 5;
}

What this code fragment means is that the intitial and end phases (where the temperature is becoming abnormal or returning to nromal) will adjust to be 2/5 of the map condition's duration if the duration is less than 75000 ticks (3.125 days).

RemingtonRyder

New versions, yo.

Less Incident Trolling 1.3.5 -Dropbox
Harsher Map Conditions 1.0.6 -Dropbox

The only thing in there that I haven't mentioned lately is the re-addition of wealth calculation in raid points. It is currently about 1% of your building wealth, added to your population points, then curved as usual. So if you've been playing using Less Incident Trolling 1.0.3 and thinking wow, I haven't needed to build any defences yet! then um, build some defences.

Also, feedback would be nice!

There are a couple of things I want to do in Minification and Biomes and then I'll do another modpack update.

Kaballah

RemingtonRyder

I noticed a rather obvious bug in Minification which I've fixed now. Not the thing I was going to add, by the way, but for now here's a fix version:

Hot and Cold Minification 1.5.5 -Dropbox

RemingtonRyder

I've tested out a new change in Hot and Cold Minification. I replaced the improvised turret (which I haven't touched up until now) with a pila thrower. It does need to be manned, but it seems to be worth it. It's also made of wood, which could be a good or bad thing depending on what sort of map you usually play on.

Anyway, I'll need to test it out a bit more but I just wanted to give you a heads-up that it was coming. :)

RemingtonRyder

I've done a texture for the pila thrower. It's not the greatest, doubtless someone else out there can do better, but it will let me put a new release of Minification out there. :)

Hot and Cold Minification 1.5.6 -Dropbox

Edit: I also updated the main modpack. Note that when unzipping this where you have the previous version of the modpack installed you will probably want to first remove these old mod folders:

Harsher Map Conditions
HotCold_Biomes
HotCold_Minification
LessIncidentTrolling

Note also that the only new thing that hasn't already been posted as an individual update is Hot and Cold Biomes 1.1.0 which includes the changes Kaballah suggested. :)

RoboticManiac

Solar apocalypse event sounds really interesting. But how would you survive it? Even a mountain base would have cooling problems.

RemingtonRyder

It's sort of like an extra incentive to build a spaceship and get off the planet. That's how my test colony survived the heat!

RemingtonRyder

New mod!

Modded Inferno Cannon -Dropbox

A while back, someone suggested that even with the miss radius on the Inferno Cannon, Centipedes are almost guaranteed to hit with it. So, I made this. It greatly reduces the radius of the incendiary explosions of shells fired by the inferno cannon. However, it also now fires three shots in a burst instead of one.

This means more small fires in and around your colony while fighting centipedes equipped with inferno cannons. So, it's no longer a great offensive weapon, but it is good for setting your world on fire. ;)

Hiztaar

Hmmm. I'm deeply waiting for your turret minification for 13 ;)
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

RemingtonRyder

Minified turrets are not currently working properly. You can deploy them, but they can no longer be interacted with, which kind of defeats the purpose. :P

Hiztaar

Yeah I tried to use A12D version and results were not as I expected (I've been ripped off <_<). So I'll wait for your A13 version ;)
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

RemingtonRyder

Okay, well I dunno what sort of timescale, could be days or it might not be possible any more. I'm considering splitting minified turrets off into another mod while I get some help with it.

RemingtonRyder

Hey guys! I've got a preliminary A13 version of Hot and Cold Biomes for you to test!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s24l4spm2049998/HotCold_Biomes111_RequiresCCL.zip?dl=0

You will need CCL 0.13.0 or higher to use it.

I don't expect that there will be any problem with it, aside from compatibility with other mods which affect biomes or animals - I'm going to look into that, though.