[suggestion] Reverse Cycle AC

Started by thefinn, December 12, 2014, 04:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefinn

Heats in winter, cools in summer... Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioning.

Wex

So smart! A simple research could unlock this option.
No more building both heater and AC in temperate biomes! :)
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

elStrages

Considering an air conditioning unit isn't designed to just cool. It is designed to filter air and climate control. The miss conception is that they are specifically designed for cooling. This is a great idea. I might have a look into it :)

Igabod

good idea. I looked into it, but it is beyond my skill to do what is going to be needed. For one object to both heat and cool you would need to write a new comp. Also a new PlaceWorker will be needed I think. And I'm pretty sure none of that is possible without some serious C# coding. So it's off of my list for things to do right now.

RawCode

Place both heater and conditioner in same room and you will get default 21c permanently...

Probably this suggestion is perfectly valid, but it will make heater and cooler completely obsolete.

Igabod

Quote from: RawCode on December 15, 2014, 07:10:54 AM
Place both heater and conditioner in same room and you will get default 21c permanently...

Probably this suggestion is perfectly valid, but it will make heater and cooler completely obsolete.

That's fine as long as it is locked behind some research. Making some technology obsolete is kind of the point of research anyway.