[TOOL] (Alpha 8) Rimworld Save Editor v1 Test Release.

Started by Neurotoxin, December 13, 2014, 03:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix_Haze

Have you thought about adding a feature for physical mods to a colonist? Like healing them, equipping them with gear, or being able to give them bionic parts.

Neurotoxin

I have and likely will at some point but I'm trying to iron out the rest of the basic features first such as tooltips and any other compatibility issues that may arise.

Pez

Love the tool.  One thing to note - if you have a mod with custom traits, and use your tool on the pawn, it will remove the custom traits.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Pez on December 26, 2014, 06:43:09 PM
Love the tool.  One thing to note - if you have a mod with custom traits, and use your tool on the pawn, it will remove the custom traits.

Ah, yeah I can see how that happens, oversight on my part. Noted for the next build. Thanks for the feedback :)

Pez

Actually, I retract my original statement.  I updated the traits in CORE (Traits_Singular), so it wasn't a mod.  I wouldn't expect your tool to actually find mods that modify traits, as I expect that would be impossibly difficult.  First, people could have mods installed, but not use them.  If your tool grabbed from those, it would mess up their game files.  Sticking with what's in CORE only is the wisest choice.

Minicool

hey i have some problems with it

when i try to change anything and save it my safefile dont work anymore it take like 10 min just to load it and when it do its just black and green and rimworld stop to work short after that

Neurotoxin

Sorry for not replying sooner, I have this thread set to notify and I wasn't notified -.-

Anywho, Pez, I'm planning on handling modded saves generically. Meaning the tool will recognize and allow you to remove modded items (traits, thoughts, backstories) but not add them as it won't have a proper definition for them, as well as making sure if it's there, it'll stay.

@Minicool, is your save modded? If yes, do any add traits, thoughts or backstories? Either way if you could upload your save and send me a link I'll take a look and see how it's causing errors. Also, when you create an errored save, will the save editor load that save? if not I'll have a good starting point to hunt down the issue.

Finally, I apologize for the length of time since release and update, between the holidays (which included my birthday, xmas, my mother's birthday, new years and my brother-in-law's birthday) and job hunting I haven't had a lot of time to work on this. I've got some time now, for a little while at least so I'll try to roll out an update very soon.

Neurotoxin

Just popping in for a quick update and teaser for what's around the bend for the save editor

Current changelog, these are things that are currently done:
Fixed application's potential to remove traits from pawn that aren't found in defs without the user choosing to do so.
Changing between genders of pawns no longer causes the application to lag out. From 3 seconds per change on my computer to under 1/4 second to update.
Swapped location of childhood and adulthood backstory selection boxes to be more intuitive.
Some internal cleanup of hard-coded Def mappings, now using deserialization.
Externalized hard-coded def mappings to facilitate a simplified update process and mod compatibility, see note after the rolling changelog.
Updated forum URL for new update found.

More info on some of this in the OP.
Short of a nuclear hard-drive meltdown, I guarantee this will be ready by this upcoming weekend. :D

One last thing, I haven't been around the modding scene much lately. If people could point me to any mods that have custom traits/thoughts/backstories (any of those or any combination) it would be helpful in testing things out and I can potentially release a few mod defs when I release the next update.

StorymasterQ

A small gripe, but I'd like the None/Minor/Major thing to be before the Skill names, to make it more consistent with the way it appears in the game. Also, if you can spare the space, perhaps make it clearer (0) None, (1) Minor, (2) Major, so it's visible at a glance.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Neurotoxin

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 18, 2015, 08:41:51 PM
I'd like the None/Minor/Major thing to be before the Skill names

That's easy enough to do

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 18, 2015, 08:41:51 PM
Also, if you can spare the space, perhaps make it clearer (0) None, (1) Minor, (2) Major, so it's visible at a glance.

I'll see what i can do. To make it work without refactoring a bunch of Enum handling code might take some wizardry though ;)

Edit: Done and I think I've earned my wizard's cap :D

popster99

now we just need to be able to change the temp of the biome your colony is in

Neurotoxin

I'm not sure I can do that via save editing. It would likely require an assembly mod. I don't have access to a save at the moment but, I assume, even if temperature data was stored in the save file, and not in the encrypted map data, it wouldn't be constant. The change would occur on load but change during gameplay.

Anyway, while I'm posting, a quick update. I've been busy the last couple days, had a couple job interviews (hurray!) and I had some work that needed to be done on my car. That said, tomorrow, I'll have most of the day to work on the save editor. In it's current state it's nearly ready to be pushed out the door but I want to get one new feature I'm working on running correctly. I'm not a fan of release dates but, I'll definitely say, it'll be here by Tuesday. What you see in the most recent screenshot is what you'll be getting, with another button (if the secret feature works out).

Another note: as far as pushing new features and updates, I'm going to hold off and push a large set of changes once A9 is out, unless it comes out sooner than I anticipate, so if there are any feature requests I haven't taken care of or known bugs, now is a GREAT time to post.

Iwillbenicetou

How do you find your save worlds? I can't seem to get them :(
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 27, 2015, 11:07:46 AM
How do you find your save worlds? I can't seem to get them :(

Save worlds should be in the same location but instead of Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves it's Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Worlds
What are you trying to do with your worlds?

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!