Relative Weapon Damage V0.2

Started by Cassey, November 07, 2013, 09:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassey

Thought this might be interesting.  Please provide feedback/corrections.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Dragula

Great post, been looking for something like that!

Sky_walker

It's kinda weird that shotgun is less effective at close range than M16.
And UZI being worse than pistol?  ???
Self-sustaining colony with hydroponic glasshouses.

W1Z25

Cassey

Quote from: Sky_walker on November 08, 2013, 10:30:05 AM
It's kinda weird that shotgun is less effective at close range than M16.
And UZI being worse than pistol?  ???

You tend to "spray" with UZI - lots of misses.  I know an accuracy of 3 doesn't seem much lower than 4, but that is either 25% of 33% depending on how you calculate (difference of 1, base of 3 or 4).

From a historical perspective, the number of rounds fired by our warriors has sky-rocked.  When you had to muzzle load, you made every shot count.  When you can spray 30 bullets in seconds and reload a magazine - not so much so.

For example, in WWII when the Russians were defending Leningrad - each solder was given FIVE bullets (a "clip" for their common rifle), with one rifle per pair of solders.  You were told when the guy in front of you fell, to pick up his rifle and use your bullets.  Or so I'm told.  Makes sense - I have one of those rifles...

Tynan

I'll just hint that this isn't correct.

Hit chance is affected by range and accuracy and skill together. It is modeled as a "chance to hit per distance", so at close range you can hit with anything, while accuracy becomes important at longer ranges.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Cassey

Quote from: Tynan on November 08, 2013, 11:14:20 AM
I'll just hint that this isn't correct.

Hit chance is affected by range and accuracy and skill together. It is modeled as a "chance to hit per distance", so at close range you can hit with anything, while accuracy becomes important at longer ranges.

I Love Hints!  Thanks!!!

Here is a version that takes range into account.  Of course, results are relative to skill level.

This version is non-linear, with a exponent of 1.2 applied to the range factor.   1.2 or something like that is just a guess, happy to put in a better number if someone can provide it.  For the non-math folks:  This simply shows that a M24( range of 45), is MUCH more effective than an R-4 (range of 24) at some intermediate distance, like 16, since accuracy drops off rapidly as one approaches the max range of the weapon.  How rapidly only Tynan knows!

As usual, DPS is NOT a hit indicated, but a Damage per Second AVERAGE.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

nomadseifer

Cassey, I'm pretty sure its a linear relationship.

Tynan, I just checked the accuracy of the Lee Enfield against the Pistol at the same range, with the same character, and got the same Range/Skill percentage.  Unless the pop-up is wrong, I don't think accuracy is being taken into effect.  Let me know if I'm missing something. 

Also, the range was near max pistol range. 
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

Tynan

Quote from: nomadseifer on November 08, 2013, 05:43:32 PM

Tynan, I just checked the accuracy of the Lee Enfield against the Pistol at the same range, with the same character, and got the same Range/Skill percentage.  Unless the pop-up is wrong, I don't think accuracy is being taken into effect.  Let me know if I'm missing something. 

Ok. I just tried this. You're right. It's not reporting the weapon accuracy percentage effect! Which is weird, because it used to work. Bugged.

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

nomadseifer

Glad I could help.  That Uzi is looking a whole lot better until this gets fixed.  :)
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

Cassey

Great catch!  Well... for linear when accuracy is fixed, you have the V0.2 document.   If its non-linear the V0.4 document might be closer. 

I would be happy to build a proper table if all the details are disclosed.  Until then, best I can do is make some guesses.  Of course this chart is sourced in Macro'ed Excel, so its easy to change as newer information becomes available.  (The macro is simply the DPS calculation so that I only have to change it in one spot.  The current formula I'm using in V0.4 is hopefully displayed at the bottom of the PDF.)

Cassey

Quote from: nomadseifer on November 08, 2013, 05:51:43 PM
Glad I could help.  That Uzi is looking a whole lot better until this gets fixed.  :)

Watch getting addicted to bad habits <smile>.

Cassey

Just curious what pop-up your referring to?  I obviously love stats and may be mentally filtering something valuable...