[W|0.8.657] "Observed corpse" effect doesn't stop increasing after 3 corpses

Started by Cimanyd, December 16, 2014, 10:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cimanyd

This is in A8d, not e, but I don't think e would have changed it; e changed the thought for rotting corpses, not normal ones. Though this may have been the problem A8e was trying to fix.

So... after having a little fun with dev mode just to test this, I think I know why "Observed corpse x3" was sometimes much higher than other times.

It's nothing special about Alice, either. Just to make sure, I brought the rest of my colonists over there, and (after adding some lights and a turbine with god mode, since it was night and apparently they couldn't see the corpses except for "hideous environment" at night) they all had a similar reaction, except for the psychopaths, of course.

Unless there's something special about my colony I don't know about, this should be reproducible just by having someone look at more than three corpses. And I think someone else had the same bug, somewhere on the forum or subreddit, I just can't find it right now.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Panzer

Yeah this really adds to the challenge, unless you have psychopaths/bloodlust colonists you cant really clean up after a raid, you can keep your colonists from going crazy though by "sedating" them (cancelled operation) and waiting for the corpse effect to wear off.

Ford_Prefect

brygun

Similiar state in my games W|0.8.657

Interm:
I use a separate stockpile with its own orbital beacon as a place to gather corpses. No I dont sell the bodies... as it doesnt allow that yet. I do use the stockpile at critical to get them out of view of most people. There a worker strips them. The beacon allows me to sell their clothes right from there without needing more hauling.

Once the horde is naked I activate an near by incinerator.

In this method only 1 or a few colonists at a time suffer the dead pile up penalty. You can on/off their activities to rotate exposure.

porcupine

Same issue here.

Sure, I have a psycho, but since I can't assign him to incineration/haul duty as a solo/task/etc., it's a problem.

Makes the game a PITA, since you can't stop raids/etc., and thus every raid = all your guys going insane, unless you can battle -70 stat effect (which I can't seem to)

Ruin

Yeah. I finally got a nice colony going in the tundra after a few failed tries.  Then, this just ate my lunch :(.  Makes the long game almost unplayable as the raids get bigger and anyone who tries to cleanup goes insane.  This really needs to be fixed in my opinion.

porcupine

It does make me wonder though...

If I take my colonist with two bionic eyes, and rip 'em out, is he a safe hauler/stripper/cremator? :D

You'd think "handled corpse" in that case would be much more offensive to the colonist, than just seeing them... namely because he couldn't see 'em (I can only imagine how he'd grip 'em).

Mrglrglmrglmrrrlggg

Hey guys. Here is an hotfix that worked for me.

• Go to the directory %RimWorldDirectory%/Mods/Core/Defs/ThoughtDefs
  • Edit the file Thoughts_Memories.xml
  • Go to the "ObservedLayingCorpse" mood effect (usually line 173 to 189)
  • Remove the line "<stackedEffectMultiplier>1</stackedEffectMultiplier>"

It looks like that when it wants 1 as multiplier, it needs nothing (you can see it by looking at other moods effects).
"<stackedEffectMultiplier>1</stackedEffectMultiplier>" is buggy.

Please tell me if it worked for you too!

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog