[M 0.0.250] Pathing Over Rocks

Started by Rathlord, November 08, 2013, 12:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathlord

Heya fellas,

Pathing over rocks is weird something fierce. Rather than path around them, my colonists seem dead intent on pathing over them. See the picture (my apologies as there seems to be neither spoiler nor thumbnail bbcode support here):

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

nja

I am seeing this behavior as well.  Even with a straight path not on rocks, the pawns seem to want to go *out of their way* to go over the rocks.

baronskippy

Quote from: nja on November 08, 2013, 02:56:32 AM
I am seeing this behavior as well.  Even with a straight path not on rocks, the pawns seem to want to go *out of their way* to go over the rocks.

I get this problem with all actions except when I send a drafted colonist to arrest a wandering traveler/rescue, then they divert around obstructions as you would expect.

British

It's probably the global pathfinding that is the problem, it's not just about rocks...

nja

Quote from: British on November 08, 2013, 04:32:14 AM
It's probably the global pathfinding that is the problem, it's not just about rocks...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

British

Ah yes, sorry about that, I guess it was mostly directed at Tynan.

The gist of that thread is that the pathfinding doesn't take into account the type of terrain.
For instance, even if you have a straight path made of concrete (100% speed), a colonist going from one end of that path to the other end will take diagonals through slower terrain around the concrete (60% speed or so).

Tynan

Quote from: British on November 08, 2013, 04:43:53 AM
The gist of that thread is that the pathfinding doesn't take into account the type of terrain.
For instance, even if you have a straight path made of concrete (100% speed), a colonist going from one end of that path to the other end will take diagonals through slower terrain around the concrete (60% speed or so).

It does take the terrain into account, but it might now quite be doing so properly I'm afraid.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog