[A11c] Ceiling Lights / Glassworks+ MOVED LOCATION

Started by jacob814, December 20, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HBKRKO619

BangUDie

If anyone misses this mod like I did...
I did manage to get it working with Alpha 10... don't know why I cant seem to get the graphic for it working but whatever....

I can post my changed Ceiling_Lamps.xml file but its likely easier to just change the file.
Go to Ceiling Light\Defs\ThingDefs\Ceiling_Lamps.xml  (Notepad works)
All I did was add    <leaveResourcesWhenKilled>true</leaveResourcesWhenKilled>
    <filthLeaving>BuildingRubble</filthLeaving>
at the bottom of the </ThingDef> category
(Looked like that was needed from poking around in the Core files and based on other posts I viewed about A9>A10)
Also in the <statBases> just change <MaxHealth>35</MaxHealth> to <MaxHitPoints>35</MaxHitPoints>

Still cant figure out why the graphic isn't working though
File if anyone wants that route

[attachment deleted due to age]

Nimrod

Quote from: BangUDie on May 19, 2015, 11:01:34 AM
If anyone misses this mod like I did...
I did manage to get it working with Alpha 10... don't know why I cant seem to get the graphic for it working but whatever....

I can post my changed Ceiling_Lamps.xml file but its likely easier to just change the file.
Go to Ceiling Light\Defs\ThingDefs\Ceiling_Lamps.xml  (Notepad works)
All I did was add    <leaveResourcesWhenKilled>true</leaveResourcesWhenKilled>
    <filthLeaving>BuildingRubble</filthLeaving>
at the bottom of the </ThingDef> category
(Looked like that was needed from poking around in the Core files and based on other posts I viewed about A9>A10)
Also in the <statBases> just change <MaxHealth>35</MaxHealth> to <MaxHitPoints>35</MaxHitPoints>

Still cant figure out why the graphic isn't working though
File if anyone wants that route

Hey! Ceiling Lamps is a working part of https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11741.0
have a look there ;)

cheers

jacob814

This mod is now updated to alpha 11. I have also resumed work on it so do expect new features. Make sure to re-read the main post about this mod, link there works as well.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

BangUDie

Thanks for the update, much appreciated... new features would be awesome!

thefinn

I'm sure it's not possible but you know what would be great, if you could put one of these above a table.

jacob814

Quote from: thefinn on June 18, 2015, 01:55:11 AM
I'm sure it's not possible but you know what would be great, if you could put one of these above a table.
I will look into this because with the recent feature of how wires can be added to walls, it may just work out.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

jacob814

Quote from: thefinn on June 18, 2015, 01:55:11 AM

I have some ideas, I do ask though what colors of lights would you guys like to see?
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ninefinger

Quote from: jacob814 on June 19, 2015, 05:01:39 PM
I have some ideas, I do ask though what colors of lights would you guys like to see?

Red <glowColor>(255,82,52,1)</glowColor>, Orange <glowColor>(255,132,0,1)</glowColor>, Yellow <glowColor>(217,217,217,0)</glowColor>, Green <glowColor>(180,255,0,1)</glowColor>, Blue <glowColor>(52,210,255,0)</glowColor>, Purple <glowColor>(185,61,205,1)</glowColor>. And for testing purposes it would be cool to see what a black light would look like, not sure what to use for glow color.

Ienkoron

Quote from: Ninefinger on June 19, 2015, 06:02:39 PM
Quote from: jacob814 on June 19, 2015, 05:01:39 PM

Red <glowColor>(255,82,52,1)</glowColor>, Orange <glowColor>(255,132,0,1)</glowColor>, Yellow <glowColor>(217,217,217,0)</glowColor>, Green <glowColor>(180,255,0,1)</glowColor>, Blue <glowColor>(52,210,255,0)</glowColor>, Purple <glowColor>(185,61,205,1)</glowColor>. And for testing purposes it would be cool to see what a black light would look like, not sure what to use for glow color.

For the black light an intense neon blue or green?
If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

Beathrus

So, I know we are talking about 'color'... But why not add in 'auto lights', too? Like after researching 'colored lights' let us research 'auto lights' that turn off when no one is in the room? As in, they detect when no one is present so they shut themselves off. Make it where they use 25 more power, and cost more. But yeah, its something I would love.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Beathrus on June 21, 2015, 12:27:52 PM
So, I know we are talking about 'color'... But why not add in 'auto lights', too? Like after researching 'colored lights' let us research 'auto lights' that turn off when no one is in the room? As in, they detect when no one is present so they shut themselves off. Make it where they use 25 more power, and cost more. But yeah, its something I would love.
You can do this with the Auto switch mod i believe.  http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0

Beathrus

Quote from: Ninefinger on June 21, 2015, 12:31:30 PM

You can, but that requires someone to turn off the light. And I don't run wires to my lights anymore, I hide them in my walls; and let my lights connect to to them that way.

And by Auto lights, I mean they shut off automatically. Just like the alert light auto lights up when a signal is sent from the threat sensor. Something like that; The lights simply cost more and use more power, but will shut off if no one is in the room. I really want this, for ceiling lights so I am not using up power in every single colonist bedroom when they are not present; and since the rooms are only 5x5 I can't really run a switch in there and power line.
You can do this with the Auto switch mod i believe.  http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2890.0

RoadWolfY

How about a ceiling fan with built-in lamp? It works like a lamp and a cooler (very weak, but don't produce any heat). It will be cool if you can make it animated.
Also, more powerfull lamps for bigger rooms , maybe even a small ceiling sunlamp, which you can place above your hydroponics.
Another suggestion - probably the hardest - RGB ceiling lamp - so you can choice the color you want (with sliders or choosing a preset from the list), instead of having a lot of different separate lamps (might be usefull when playing with a lot of differend mods)
And maybe a spotlight, which will illuminate area only in front of it, while there still will be a darkness under it and behind - usefull for base defences.

jacob814

Ill look into that as well.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights