[W|v 8c] geothermal power connected to solar power shuts down at night.

Started by morrosis, December 21, 2014, 05:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morrosis

Title - If you have a geothermal power plant on the same circuit as solar arrays the geothermal system will start to lose power at night

Summary - I've only tested on the current windows setup, if I have my solar arrays on the same power circuit when night comes everything starts to lose stored power, if I remove a section conduit anything on the geothermal circuit works perfectly normal.

Steps to Reproduce -
1. built the geothermal
2. connected it to the same ciruit as the solar array
3. noticed at night items would start to lose power
4. removed the solar array from the mail circuit, no issues.

Expected Results - When night comes the power levels should stay the same and not drop/.

Actual Results - power levels drop over night.

Evelyn

Can't confirm - are you sure that your geothermal provides sufficient power to power everything by itself?

morrosis

yeah, when I don't connect the solar power it works fine and everything is 100% come night time the connected rate starts to drop like a stone. If I remove the solar arrays no issues.

I will do more testing when I get home and add some screens.

Mechanoid Hivemind

I have noticed this too not saying its a bug or a glitch but its something.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Evelyn

Quote from: morrosis on December 21, 2014, 06:35:44 PM
yeah, when I don't connect the solar power it works fine and everything is 100% come night time the connected rate starts to drop like a stone. If I remove the solar arrays no issues.

I will do more testing when I get home and add some screens.

Connected rate is supposed to go down at nightfall if you're connected to a solar panel, the connected rate displays the total power deficit or surplus of a circuit.