Add more "Security" buildings!

Started by thekillergreece, November 08, 2013, 06:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekillergreece

I keep losing against numerous raiders, I have 4-5 colonists with little to no weapons and raiders come, armed with grenades and explode my colony...Autoturrets are completely useless due to Rate of fire and there is no tech upgrade for them.

Yeap, burst fires from 3 to 5, is a good addition, but still, it will fail to stop a raider. They also get destroyed easily! Even if you fortify them with sandbags, they will instantly get exploded in seconds...

If there were even more and more tech upgrades for them such increase damage and rate of fire, it would be better...

I am still waiting to add more Security(Or "Defense" for better sense) buildings be added to increase the protection of your colony. Such add Bunkers, where raiders cannot kill colonists in it but can damage the building and collapse, killing colonists inside, or more turrets such Mortar Tower or...Watchtowers, increasing the range?

So,cmon, tell anything about this...The worst of all is, every update version, you cannot load an slightly old map...

Nocebo

I know this is going to make me look like a giant asshole. And i have no ill will about this.
But it does look like you are blaming the game for not being able to keep your colony alive, when others seem to have no problems with it. I'm not saying it's entirely your fault, the game is still pre-alpha after all . But i feel when people suggest changes, it should be because they feel it is better for the game as a whole. Not simply to increase their own survivability. There already are features for that in the form of different AI's.

That said i do like the idea of bunkers that can't kill the occupants except by destroying the whole structure. If possible to give it a narrow sight range. This will make the flanking of raiders more useful and dangerous.
And adding to the list of things. A smaller blasting charge that is invisible to the raiders (If we have space travel surely the concept of burying a landmine isn't lost). And have the stronger ones be able to be destroyed if detected by a particular raider. Maybe a "lieutenant" type raider. That would give us another high priority target rather than the grenadiers.

(Maybe this should have gone in the suggestions forum?)
Supporter of The Mad Boommuffalo Project!

Danceresort

They are glass cannons, use them wisely and they are awesome.

Put them BEHIND your people who are covered by sandbags and make sure the raiders have no cover to use within range of the cannons, this will cause them die VERY fast. People can take a lot more punishment than a gun, so use them to soak the bullets and let your cannons rip the raiders up.

willow512

Precisely and station a colonist behind your turrets, some might be lousy at shooting but they can repair those turrets faster than raiders can damage them. It takes some micro management but I haven't lost a turret since discovering the trick.

Sky_walker

Self-sustaining colony with hydroponic glasshouses.

W1Z25

if you have any ideas on more security buildings please add them to the suggestion forums.

thekillergreece

Quote from: W1Z23 on November 08, 2013, 10:38:34 AM
if you have any ideas on more security buildings please add them to the suggestion forums.

Already done, about more turret type and none of them took feedback..None...

Sky_walker

Self-sustaining colony with hydroponic glasshouses.

AspenShadow

Quote from: thekillergreece on November 08, 2013, 10:54:12 AM
Already done, about more turret type and none of them took feedback..None...

Simply because Tynan himself has not had time to review your ideas does not mean the Dev Team isn't taking feedback. Reviewing said topic in the Suggestions forum it appears that your initial comments were dealt with and then swept away under a new conversational path, this was NOT meant to give the impression we didn't take your thoughts on board and the DevTeam are actively suffering to ensure we don't stonewall creativity and backer-input.

You have the ability to post any and all ideas you wish on the forums (indeed moderators are suffering to make sure you keep this right), but that does not mean every idea will be (or even can be, due to feasibility constraints) added to the developing game plans.

I believe this thread's purpose has been fulfilled through the discourse above and the remaining conversational path has jumped into the Suggestions forum.

Locking it down.