[WIP] (Alpha 8) Rim Wars: The Clone War

Started by apljee, December 27, 2014, 01:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apljee

Quote from: RIM WARS
RIM WARS
With the recent purchase of quite a few new Star Wars games, (KOTOR, SWTOR, Battlefront II) -- I have decided to begin my descent into insanity as I begin to work on my new mod. This mod will be focused on the Clone Wars era of Star Wars. It will feature four factions, as of now: Galactic Republic (Clones), Jedi Order (Jedi), Confederacy of Independent Systems (CIS/Droids), and Order of the Sith Lords. (Sith). The mod will feature many things such as new grenades, guns, lightsabers, and possibly even forcepowers at one point.

STUFF!
-- Create the mod folder
-- Create a logo that's not half-bad
-- Create lightsabers
-- Create CIS and Galactic Republic factions -- CIS faction not created
-- Create faction-specific weapons -- CIS weapons not created
-- Create grenades.
-- Create faction-specific melee weapons.
-- Create faction-specific armours.
-- Create vibroblades. (If not created for the use of clones.)
-- Attempt to create force powers.
-- Create faction-specific armours.
-- Create Jedi and Sith factions
-- Take community suggestions for other things to add.

-- The Team...
-- apljee (Project Leader, Programmer, and Self-Proclaimed "Artist")

-- Screenshots?
- An army of Sith Lords and Ladies on their final stand against a group of pirates.
- Ironically, one of them was an Empath.
http://i.imgur.com/9XWRx3R.jpg (I'd rather keep the post not giant. Just use the link.)

-- Download
Unfortunately, the mod is still under creation.
apljee is looking for programmers and people to help with the
mod to speed up release time, so please PM him if you're interested!

-- Here's a signature thing.

[url=https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8648.0][img]http://i.imgur.com/YbVpdBG.png[/img][/url]

-- Known bugs
-- Game will blackscreen on startup. Cause unknown, as of now. Working on redoing most of the files except for the ones confirmed not to be corrupted.
-- Lightsaber blocking is bugged at the menu - does not work.
-- Missing textures for Clone weapons
-- DamageType "Shock" will not work in-game

apljee

49 users online, so I'll  bump to see if anyone is interested in this project.

Wiyyum

I approve of this message. The Jedi armour from the old republic would be so so sick - essentially an armored duster. Couple Star Wars mods on the front lines of unfinished lately, I really hope at least one can get a functioning release!

Dragoon

Quote from: Wiyyum on December 27, 2014, 02:48:39 PM
I approve of this message. The Jedi armour from the old republic would be so so sick - essentially an armored duster. Couple Star Wars mods on the front lines of unfinished lately, I really hope at least one can get a functioning release!

I second this!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

apljee

@Wiyyum @Dragoon - Would either of you like to help in order to speed up the release of this? The most I've got done so far is a few weapons (lightsabers) and the textures for doublesided lightsabers in red, blue, green, and purple, and one-sided lightsabers aswell. (I should also add Yellow, that's actually a real lightsaber colour, it just didn't appear in the movies.)

Dragoon

I wish I knew all that stuff only way I could help would be to beat test or something.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Wiyyum

Unfortunately I have no experience at all with modding!

apljee

Atleast I tried. :P

If you want, either one of you (or both) could test the mod and squash bugs out for me.

Berengar

At the moment i just got stuff from the galactic zivil war era.. but when i got something finisht that fits, i will put it in here.^^

Wiyyum

i can definitely read a debug log! I'm here to test/give input on texture design if you need those things! As far as the jedi armor, this is kind of the idea I was thinking. Obviously a tremendously simplified and uncolored version so it will fit into rim world, but I think it would be awesome. Perhaps the jedi robe could be a separate piece and the armor pieces could have their own stats and apparel defs?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dragoon

kinda like a combo of duster and power armor?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Dragoon on December 28, 2014, 05:04:39 PM
kinda like a combo of duster and power armor?

So, a power duster? That sounds like a Roomba clone.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

apljee

Sorry I haven't been on recently, I've had little opportunity to do any work. -- but here's something promising!

Dragoon

apljee