Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 28, 2014, 03:33:55 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on December 28, 2014, 03:15:41 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 28, 2014, 01:13:48 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on December 28, 2014, 12:03:35 PM
Quote from: Dr. Z on December 28, 2014, 11:49:50 AM
I think he was making a Joke...

You can 'try' to joke and be a smart ass doing it.  And quite honestly, it contributes nothing, especially since the question was very clearly related to the game. 

Especially considering you 'mine' for steel in this game as opposed to produce it.

It was just a joke. ::) And considering it is the only post to actually answer the question I would hardly say it contributes nothing, so perhaps you should keep your own advice and not immediately accuse people of being smart-asses.

I wasn't being a smart ass.  I was being direct. 

And the "joke" part of the answer was the part that contributed nothing.

Big difference between being direct and being insulting. If you don't like a joke fine, but that is no reason to fling insults at people, otherwise you are the one dragging this forum down.

How so?

Someone posts a question about the game and gets a paragraph "joke" as a response.  Then a flippant response to the actual question?  That's neither helpful nor funny.  It's annoying to the person that asked the question that truly wanted to know.

By the way, where was the insult part of my response?

Link2037

I can't tell whether you guys are actually mad or just trying to fluff your post count. Question's answered, thread's over. Go home.

Evul

Be nice and stick to the topic guys and girls. We will not tolerate aggressive tone or insults on this forum. So stick to the topic.
-EVUL THE MOD

The awnser is currently no. Uranium don't spawn as mineable resources on the map. It is currently only obtainable via coms console trader or orbital drop.

Evelyn

Well, this thread was certainly a wild ride from start to finish.
+1, Evul.

Desalvo

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 28, 2014, 04:52:39 PM
Quote from: Desalvo on December 28, 2014, 04:41:14 PM
I think you forgot Canada being one of the biggest Uranium ore producers in the world, only surpassed by Kazakhstan in 2009. We are still the #2 producer in the world. Figures if you were going to be a smartass, might as well make it factual to the letter.

There is only so much effort I am willing to put into an offhand joke.

hahaha, i like joking as well. I just happen to know too much information for my own good :P

Easton

Destroying cryptosleep caskets can yield uranium apparently. I can't 100% confirm that but to make a long story short, after a rather insane firefight in a cryptosleep room, during which many caskets were destroyed, I ended up seeing a colonist hauling uranium back to the colony.

Take it for what it's worth....

nuschler22

Quote from: Evelyn on December 29, 2014, 12:07:35 PM
Well, this thread was certainly a wild ride from start to finish.
+1, Evul.

Lol. 

Geertje123

Quote from: Easton on December 30, 2014, 06:55:50 PM
Destroying cryptosleep caskets can yield uranium apparently. I can't 100% confirm that but to make a long story short, after a rather insane firefight in a cryptosleep room, during which many caskets were destroyed, I ended up seeing a colonist hauling uranium back to the colony.

Take it for what it's worth....

You need uranium to build one, so that isn't very surprising :p

Tynan

Ok, I've added natural uranium for Alpha 9.

It was left out just because there wasn't a 'real' use for it, but I think it has enough uses now to be worth adding.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

nuschler22

Quote from: Tynan on December 30, 2014, 09:15:06 PM
Ok, I've added natural uranium for Alpha 9.

It was left out just because there wasn't a 'real' use for it, but I think it has enough uses now to be worth adding.

Thank you.  More resources is always good. :)

Idlemind79

I learned more about uranium tonight then I thought I would.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Idlemind79 on December 31, 2014, 12:12:21 AM
I learned more about uranium tonight then I thought I would.

Rimworld is awesome that way. While the forum is awesome in the way of my signature.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here