Can uranium be found naturally?

Started by nuschler22, December 28, 2014, 12:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

Every now and then you come across a pocket of gold.  Does this happen with uranium as well?

I'm trying to build the nuclear plant mod (500 uranium) and have 489, but can't seem to find the last 11 I need. 

No raiders (a separate issue) besides mechs and no trader ships are stopping by.  Been months and months and my poor colonists grow weary for nearly unlimited power.  I'm trying to not to force the trader ships through the developer mode but I'm getting close to breaking.

Edit:  I'm asking because I'm conducting a mountain mining blitzkrieg right now.  I'll just give up because I have plenty of anything and everything right now (except uranium). 

milon

That's a really good question. And I honestly don't know. I've never seen it, but I don't have much play time either.

nuschler22

I actually had it fall from the sky, thank the Lord. 

So I built it and it was pretty.

Then I was attacked by a bunch of raiders and my whole colony lost their marbles and left. 

So all that work....

All for naught. 

NoImageAvailable

Uranium is a naturally occurring element and can be found in low levels within all rock, soil and water. It is the highest-numbered element to be found in significant quantities in the earth's crust and over 50.000 tonnes are mined annually, mainly in Kazakhstan, with several African countries and Australia possessing significant amounts of Uranium ore deposits as well.

Wait, you mean in the game? Well, no, it doesn't and the only ways to obtain it are random drops and traders.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

nuschler22

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 28, 2014, 11:24:32 AM
Uranium is a naturally occurring element and can be found in low levels within all rock, soil and water. It is the highest-numbered element to be found in significant quantities in the earth's crust and over 50.000 tonnes are mined annually, mainly in Kazakhstan, with several African countries and Australia possessing significant amounts of Uranium ore deposits as well.

Wait, you mean in the game? Well, no, it doesn't and the only ways to obtain it are random drops and traders.

So....on a game board...I have to differentiate between real life or the game when asking a question?  It's not obvious? 

I've had nothing but pleasant dealings with people on this board for the last six months.  The last two days, however.  It seems like all the smart ass people want to post.   This isn't GameFaqs.  People are actually nice here.

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!

nuschler22

Quote from: Dr. Z on December 28, 2014, 11:49:50 AM
I think he was making a Joke...

You can 'try' to joke and be a smart ass doing it.  And quite honestly, it contributes nothing, especially since the question was very clearly related to the game. 

Especially considering you 'mine' for steel in this game as opposed to produce it.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 28, 2014, 12:03:35 PM

You can 'try' to joke and be a smart ass doing it.  And quite honestly, it contributes nothing, especially since the question was very clearly related to the game. 

Especially considering you 'mine' for steel in this game as opposed to produce it.

It was just a joke. ::) And considering it is the only post to actually answer the question I would hardly say it contributes nothing, so perhaps you should keep your own advice and not immediately accuse people of being smart-asses.

nuschler22

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 28, 2014, 01:13:48 PM

It was just a joke. ::) And considering it is the only post to actually answer the question I would hardly say it contributes nothing, so perhaps you should keep your own advice and not immediately accuse people of being smart-asses.

I wasn't being a smart ass.  I was being direct. 

And the "joke" part of the answer was the part that contributed nothing.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 28, 2014, 03:15:41 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 28, 2014, 01:13:48 PM

I wasn't being a smart ass.  I was being direct. 

And the "joke" part of the answer was the part that contributed nothing.

Big difference between being direct and being insulting. If you don't like a joke fine, but that is no reason to fling insults at people, otherwise you are the one dragging this forum down.

Klitri

I agree with Nuschler. There's a time and a place for "jokes," and Nuschler was looking for an answer quickly. It doesn't matter what your intentions were, he didn't like it and you should just apologize instead of picking at him for being upset.

On topic, If I remember correctly uranium is not a naturally occurring material, but I may just never had the chance to encounter it.

hopdevil

I have never seen it available for mining.   I hope that changes.   I also hope we get to see Uranium used for more things like building power plants or very destructive weaponry.

Desalvo

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 28, 2014, 11:24:32 AM

I think you forgot Canada being one of the biggest Uranium ore producers in the world, only surpassed by Kazakhstan in 2009. We are still the #2 producer in the world. Figures if you were going to be a smartass, might as well make it factual to the letter.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Desalvo on December 28, 2014, 04:41:14 PM
I think you forgot Canada being one of the biggest Uranium ore producers in the world, only surpassed by Kazakhstan in 2009. We are still the #2 producer in the world. Figures if you were going to be a smartass, might as well make it factual to the letter.

There is only so much effort I am willing to put into an offhand joke.

Halinder

In the native land of Commconsolia...