Alcohol

Started by Argon, December 29, 2014, 09:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xom

An alternative to medicine for anaesthesia too and a crafting component for molotovs.
Ethanol powered generators?
Mostly though, it should provide a way to prevent mental breakdowns, or at least a good chance to do so. Someone who drinks a little should have a reduction to mood penalties from seeing corpses, poor environment and cold temperature (they don't feel it as much). Their mood is still sour, but not as much, keeping them from going over the edge unless they are way too upset. More booze means they can ignore their bad situation even more for a while but become increasingly more useless. Reaction to alcohol can perhaps be a trait. Happy drunks get a mood bonus, sour drunks get a mood penalty, alcoholics drink past their tolerance recreationally or they get a mood penalty as suggested (and if they are feeling a mental breakdown coming on they'll try to get drunk even from forbidden stockpiles). Crazy drunks act unpredictably when boozed up, running around as if they're on fire, trying to do jobs they're not fit to do, taking potshots at wildlife.

Argon

Quote from: Xom on December 31, 2014, 06:25:05 AM
An alternative to medicine for anaesthesia too and a crafting component for molotovs.

Agreed, this would make molotovs yet another player craftable weapon.

-Argon

Professor Cupcake

Quote from: Dwarf Fortress
Booze does all the work in forts. Dwarves are just booze exoskeletons.

Kentin

One of the buffs could be that you aime VERY bad. And That you change the priority of tasks.

Scotty

Booze could also be used for cleaning wounds, but also cause pain.
Can also be used as a pain killer :P

ousire

Alcohol could always be used as a crafting ingredient for making medicines. Currently we just grow plants and harvest it into medicine. But if we could combine alcohol and cloth and herbs to make medicine kits, that would be quite useful!

It could be a new crafting table, a medicine cabinet or pharmaceutical lab or something. Like how we can cook 3 tiers of food, we should be able to craft the three tiers of medicine too, with respectively high enough skill levels in crafting (And doctoring?).

Anduin1357

Some drunkards can achieve amazing feats of whatever (gaming, aiming (max payne))
Don't just throw out cons, they may well have traits that give huge bonuses for being an eternal drunkard.
That being said... Drinking homemade potato-alcoholic drink would be bad...
Stick to sugar and water for some moonshine.

UnassumingWhiteGuy

Would be a great trading item as well. You could sell it to ships, entice prisoners with it, maybe even have trade ships that sell really high-quality liquor.

Maybe even have the colonists throw parties with it to boost everyone's mood or invite members of other towns to boost relations.

Xom

Speaking of which, I'd love to see a way to use very high-level social characters to entice visitors into joining the fort- err, colony, by non-kidnapping means.

Argon

There could be many grades of liquor, and some types of alcohol that can't be made by the player and must be bought.

-Argon

Johnny Masters

Why isn't this a thing yet?

I want to build a saloon and have my pawns survive the harsh and wild rimworld serving tables, pouring drinks, whoring and playing the piano (finally a use for art!). Instead of fighting raiders, you could give them rooms and spirits in exchange for silver and protection. Heck, you might even survive a few moons and build a town out of it!

I want it and i want it now!  ;D

BlackRush

Argon

Now that Tynan has added beer it's about time he adds vodka. My colonies have such a nerve grinding surplus of potatoes. ;D

-Argon