HVAC Layout Examples

Started by amul, December 30, 2014, 06:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geertje123

Quote from: Feirfec on January 05, 2015, 05:14:42 AM
you could piggy back coolers from internal rooms outward.
exhaust port throwing into a room regulated by another cooler and so on, you'd need a heater at the heart of the base to make it all "work"

Heat regulation will be harder this way due to room sizes

amul

Quote from: ParadogssGamer on January 04, 2015, 10:45:23 AM
So in theory you could just have the main hallway have no door, thus connecting to the outside and it would never overheat no matter how many coolers are spewing hot air into it?

I'm still confused.

This is actually how air conditioners work in the real world. The heat generated by the process is shunted outside. Though 'fridges and and freezers don't work that way. Come to think of it, I don't actually know how fridges work IRL....

I find it fascinating that so many other people are putting HVAC equipment in every room, and so many people are building underground structures.

Geertje123

Quote from: amul on January 05, 2015, 10:21:43 PM
Quote from: ParadogssGamer on January 04, 2015, 10:45:23 AM
So in theory you could just have the main hallway have no door, thus connecting to the outside and it would never overheat no matter how many coolers are spewing hot air into it?

I'm still confused.

This is actually how air conditioners work in the real world. The heat generated by the process is shunted outside. Though 'fridges and and freezers don't work that way. Come to think of it, I don't actually know how fridges work IRL....

I find it fascinating that so many other people are putting HVAC equipment in every room, and so many people are building underground structures.

The back of fridges get really warm and let out heat. :)

jasonhanjk

To prevent cool air from escaping my freezer, I have a small room to act as a buffer. Overall I don't waste too much power and I can charge my battery up easily. Look at the illustration. The door placement is for faster movement.

The same concept can be apply the same way to cool the room by cooling the connecting hallway. The room and hallway are divided by 1 door. Get a few coolers for the hall way and set to 16deg C and the room will be around 25deg. Hence I do not need a cooler for every room.

When winter comes, I just use the heat from the geyser.

[attachment deleted due to age]

UrbanBourbon

Quote from: amul on January 05, 2015, 10:21:43 PM
Come to think of it, I don't actually know how fridges work IRL....
Fridges work by removing heat. Cold and hot are human concepts but in reality there are only various degrees of hot. Fridges simply absorb heat from the inside of the fridge and carry it to the outside where the excess heat is released into the room. The heat absorption is performed by a coolant liquid that runs inside the pipes right behind the fridge panels. The coolant liquid is being pumped around almost constantly, about 10-50% of the time, or simply whenever you hear your fridge operating.

That might not be the whole truth though... This doesn't feel 100% right. Not looking wikipedia even though it whispers to me softly. Must resist the seduction of wikipedia. Anyway, fridge keeps your food cold AND warms your home. How cool is that? Ha! Haha! Ahhh... Ehh... Hmm. *sigh*

milon

Fridges work pretty much as you described, but the operation itself also produces some heat.  Entropy and less than 100% efficiency and all that.