[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhadred

Has anyone had a problem where after "Drill order complete" comes up, the beam and explosions still continue?  I didn't see it in the earlier thread.

I have modified some xml files but nothing that I'm aware that this should affect.  I set that all ships should have a drill head and remote by making min=1, but then also added that the drill head should be able to be built by the machining table (using steelx instead of regular steel), and that coolant should be able to be made at the brewing table.  I could reload the stock industrialization mod, but I think the drilling procedure is likely not in the xmls.

I did have it successfully drill once, then decided I didn't want it there and reloaded to a prior save.  Ever since, it doesn't seem to finish drilling even after waiting a day after it creates the hole.

jhadred

Never mind, after waiting over game day after the first drilling complete, it finally showed Drilling complete two more times (with about half a day in between) so the beam was going three times for some reason with three overlapping holes.

I noticed that the ammo is set like an assault rifle rather than a pistol.  Is the burstshotcount tag necessary to work?  I'm wondering if mine somehow defaulted to 3 instead of 1.  That's the only thing I can think of why it seems like three beams were going.

123nick

hey will this be updated too A14? sorry if it has been asked before.

turbosr

I too am posting to show my support for updating the mod, this is one of my favorite mods for RimWorld, and would love to carry it into A14.

eatKenny

Cibi

I really like this mod, I always hated that Steel and other metals are just non-renewable. I play my colonies long term, often lasting as long as an entire release, so its either this, or trading for my steel in the late late game.

neotris9

This is an amazing mod! +1 support and awaiting a possible A14 release!

eatKenny

kaptain_kavern

123nick

thanks for the update, but i have a minor issue. this mod adds, copper, and so does cupropandas Corepanda mod, his core mod which all his other mods require inorder to work properly. maybe a patch that allows this mod too use cupro pandas copper instead of its own? and too not generate copper veins or copper ruins (this mods copper) ? or maybe, a similiar change is a patch that just rename copper too something else entirely, like nickel, so there isnt 2 different coppers.

neotris9

I like the electricity cost on the deep mine but the lack of coolant makes the mod way too OP and simply infinite as electricity is free after you get all of your reactors and stuff up. Concrete, though, which is my favorite thing about this mod, I feel is a necessity. You can make it from any rock and it keeps your entire base the same color.

I assume you just updated the mod quickly thus just removed coolant for the sake of saving your time so it isn't a huge deal or anything.

Anyway, thanks for updating! I just couldn't function without my concrete! Without it my base becomes a calico of random color.. Which gives it character, but just isn't as uniform as it could be..

eatKenny

Quote from: 123nick on July 24, 2016, 05:25:12 PM
thanks for the update, but i have a minor issue. this mod adds, copper, and so does cupropandas Corepanda mod, his core mod which all his other mods require inorder to work properly. maybe a patch that allows this mod too use cupro pandas copper instead of its own? and too not generate copper veins or copper ruins (this mods copper) ? or maybe, a similiar change is a patch that just rename copper too something else entirely, like nickel, so there isnt 2 different coppers.

i will find a way to fix this...

eatKenny

Quote from: neotris9 on July 25, 2016, 11:27:10 PM
I like the electricity cost on the deep mine but the lack of coolant makes the mod way too OP and simply infinite as electricity is free after you get all of your reactors and stuff up.
I assume you just updated the mod quickly thus just removed coolant for the sake of saving your time so it isn't a huge deal or anything.

thing is, traderships seems very rare after A12, i cant find a way that colony can have a constant supply of coolant, so i get rid of it.
but i drastically increased power consumption and reduced the resource gain from the deep mine.

neotris9

Yeah, I can agree with that. Without the more ships mod the deep mine would be pretty unusable anyway so it is a good work-around. I understand and agree now.

zulef

Why not add some form of craftable coolant, maybe it could be grown from crops?