[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katavrik

Quote from: popster99 on January 04, 2015, 10:10:33 AM
i started with this and the ai party crashed down in a open space but no ai persona item spawned

AI persona catches a fire after crash ant takes damage from explosion. If you dont rescue it, AI persona will be destroyed by fire. Are you sure that it does not appear right after crash? If yes, what place did it lands? Are there some objects?

MuffaloBoy

Congrats Katavrik, cool mod. I used it and i could not handle it.. my native died because of radiation, and the rescued pawns fell after a while because of their wounds. Cathastrophic. Apocalyptical. Stressing. COOL.
Nanotraining .. :)

kenobi87

Great mod it is compatible with EDB prepare carefully and Project Armory just a fyi I haven't had any errors or issues. Very interesting mod, I recommend people not starting with colonists incapable of "scary" (firefighting) lol..

Pathing

Nice mod... I had 34 colonists at day 1, 1 of them died because of fire. There was 1 crushed reactor as well... oh my so many colonists.
http://s10.postimg.org/odfnfafg9/great.jpg
http://s3.postimg.org/c5ntp9ksj/simplehospital.jpg
too many patients, not enough doctors and medical supplies.
Steel is food. Steel is defense. Steel is weapon.
Steel is RimWorld.

Oxidus

Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

pktongrimworld

actually, the current system makes sense.

your initial colonists were the ones that made to it the escape pod on time :P

pktongrimworld

Quote from: Pathing on January 04, 2015, 04:15:50 PM
Nice mod... I had 34 colonists at day 1, 1 of them died because of fire. There was 1 crushed reactor as well... oh my so many colonists.
http://s10.postimg.org/odfnfafg9/great.jpg
http://s3.postimg.org/c5ntp9ksj/simplehospital.jpg
too many patients, not enough doctors and medical supplies.

also, very lucky, I kept reloading and never got more than 3 or 4 survivors.

HBKRKO619

I can suggest you to talk to EDB to incorporate your mod in his EDBScenario mod because ........ it's exactly what this mod is about xDDD

EdB

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 04, 2015, 07:05:48 PM
I can suggest you to talk to EDB to incorporate your mod in his EDBScenario mod because ........ it's exactly what this mod is about xDDD

Yes, totally accidental that we were working on similar ideas at the same time.  I'll have to take a look at this one to compare.

Katavrik

Quote from: Oxidus on January 04, 2015, 04:30:45 PM
Ehm and how do you take care of reactor?

There are two ways to remove it:
- to destroy, but it really tough. And you need a long range weapon or mortar.
- to claim and then deconstruct. But you need a colonist with an excellent construction speed, othewise he will die before deconstruction. At this point i realised, that deconstruction cost is too high. Balancing needed.

As for radiation. It is not very realistic and too simple, but it do its job right. Radiation follows these rules:
- When a colonist is in radiated area, his radiation level increases.
- Radiation level of a colonist does not harm him, until it reaches 100%.
- When it reaches 100%, a colonist will die.
- Radiation level does not reduce with time, but eventually disappear after about half year.

Katavrik

Quote from: EdB on January 04, 2015, 07:08:45 PM
Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 04, 2015, 07:05:48 PM

Yes, totally accidental that we were working on similar ideas at the same time.  I'll have to take a look at this one to compare.

Diversion is good.

I will look at your EDBScenario, and find out if i can make my Crash Landing as a scenario. May be it can solve my main problem - How to crashland initial colonists. (I have a possible solution in my head, but it more like a hack, than a beautiful solution).

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

popster99

Quote from: Katavrik on January 04, 2015, 11:13:51 AM
Quote from: popster99 on January 04, 2015, 10:10:33 AM
i started with this and the ai party crashed down in a open space but no ai persona item spawned

AI persona catches a fire after crash ant takes damage from explosion. If you dont rescue it, AI persona will be destroyed by fire. Are you sure that it does not appear right after crash? If yes, what place did it lands? Are there some objects?
it said the ai party will crash down i saw it crash down pasued game after it crashed and the ai item wasn't there no fire either

popster99

Quote from: Katavrik on January 04, 2015, 10:14:45 PM
Quote from: Oxidus on January 04, 2015, 04:30:45 PM
Ehm and how do you take care of reactor?

There are two ways to remove it:
- to destroy, but it really tough. And you need a long range weapon or mortar.
- to claim and then deconstruct. But you need a colonist with an excellent construction speed, othewise he will die before deconstruction. At this point i realised, that deconstruction cost is too high. Balancing needed.

As for radiation. It is not very realistic and too simple, but it do its job right. Radiation follows these rules:
- When a colonist is in radiated area, his radiation level increases.
- Radiation level of a colonist does not harm him, until it reaches 100%.
- When it reaches 100%, a colonist will die.
- Radiation level does not reduce with time, but eventually disappear after about half year.
i've radiation for over a year 73% on three colonists

Katavrik

Quote from: popster99 on January 05, 2015, 03:36:16 AM
it said the ai party will crash down i saw it crash down pasued game after it crashed and the ai item wasn't there no fire either
Thats bad. I dont know what cause the problem. My code is not very good, may be it cant select a proper spawn location.

Quote from: popster99 on January 05, 2015, 03:38:39 AM
i've radiation for over a year 73% on three colonists
It was tested only for small durations, and it works. But i never wait a 1500000 ticks (actual value) during testing. According to my calculations its about half year.