[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunner123

tresflores

how am i supposed too go about treating radiation i have this character with 10% raddiation and it wont let me treat im the normal way and was wondering what exactly will happen will it just go away or what

Katavrik

Quote from: gunner123 on March 01, 2015, 07:14:43 PM
the download link does not work
I've checked it and its working. Can you discribe more detailed what happen?

Quote from: tresflores on March 01, 2015, 10:44:15 PM
how am i supposed too go about treating radiation i have this character with 10% raddiation and it wont let me treat im the normal way and was wondering what exactly will happen will it just go away or what
Radiation damage cant be treated normally. Instead it will degrade very slowly over time. About 5 days per 3% (3% is a minimal unit of radiation damage).

AUSGrizzly

Ugh, If its not a Ship Reactor crashing near my survivors and the wounded, its Engines spraying out death every few seconds. I have yet to have anyone survive more then 5 days cause of this, sure maybe 1 guy, but now he is infected with something.... T_T

I feel that firespread just makes it impossible to save anything. It moves just too fast that any food/medicine/weapon pod that lands is in flames within seconds of its landing. No chance of scavenging anything at all...

EDIT:: Yep there goes another attempt due to reactor crashing right next to the buggers...

EDIT:: And the next falls due to something just falling from the sky and pelting area with shards of something, shreading everyone at once. Is that artillery shells doing that???

gunner123

Quote from: Katavrik on March 02, 2015, 05:46:52 AM

this is what it looks like:

[attachment deleted due to age]

tresflores

Quote from: AUSGrizzly on March 02, 2015, 11:22:22 AM
Ugh, If its not a Ship Reactor crashing near my survivors and the wounded, its Engines spraying out death every few seconds. I have yet to have anyone survive more then 5 days cause of this, sure maybe 1 guy, but now he is infected with something.... T_T

I feel that firespread just makes it impossible to save anything. It moves just too fast that any food/medicine/weapon pod that lands is in flames within seconds of its landing. No chance of scavenging anything at all...

EDIT:: Yep there goes another attempt due to reactor crashing right next to the buggers...

EDIT:: And the next falls due to something just falling from the sky and pelting area with shards of something, shreading everyone at once. Is that artillery shells doing that???

i don't know most of the time i have he opisite problem too many people and supplies it not hard enough it dosnt help that the prison and weapon drops don't work

Katavrik

Quote from: gunner123 on March 02, 2015, 06:36:22 PM
Quote from: Katavrik on March 02, 2015, 05:46:52 AM

this is what it looks like:

I dont know what happend. Try to use this attach.

Quote from: tresflores on March 02, 2015, 07:22:23 PM
Quote from: AUSGrizzly on March 02, 2015, 11:22:22 AM

i don't know most of the time i have he opisite problem too many people and supplies it not hard enough it dosnt help that the prison and weapon drops don't work

The mod is very random. Sometimes all of the colonists die. Or maybe there too many of them. And that can happen several times in a row. Thats the mod i am making.
As for artillery shells, they explode with some projectiles flying in random directions in a large radius. Something like in reality.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Vascar

Hey love the mod but is there a way you could rework it so EdB Prepare Carefully will work with it again.
It was working with it back in A8.

I am playing with hard disabled.

Katavrik

Quote from: Vascar on March 03, 2015, 04:41:01 PM
Hey love the mod but is there a way you could rework it so EdB Prepare Carefully will work with it again.

There is a special link for non-hard mode compatible with EdB Prepare carefully. Just below the main link and source link. It still has IsHard option, but it does not used there.

Vascar

Quote from: Katavrik on March 03, 2015, 09:01:01 PM
Quote from: Vascar on March 03, 2015, 04:41:01 PM

There is a special link for non-hard mode compatible with EdB Prepare carefully. Just below the main link and source link. It still has IsHard option, but it does not used there.

Ops I must have missed it the first time. Thanks anyway.

BetaSpectre

I can't seem to find how to disable hard mode. My colonists keep ALL dying before I can do squat.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Katavrik

Quote from: BetaSpectre on March 12, 2015, 01:36:04 AM
I can't seem to find how to disable hard mode. My colonists keep ALL dying before I can do squat.
Can you find CrashLanding\Defs\OptionDefs\CrashLanding_Options.xml in your mods foldier?
There you should replace <isHard>true</isHard> to <isHard>false</isHard>.
Or you do this and it does not work?

BetaSpectre

Quote from: Katavrik on March 12, 2015, 07:50:35 AM
Can you find CrashLanding\Defs\OptionDefs\CrashLanding_Options.xml in your mods foldier?
Thanks for the reply I didn't think that the latest updates would have that info. IMO I think even hard mode should have at least one colonist that can't be killed unless the player wants a good laugh that everyone just died from the crash xD,
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

thenightgaunt

Quote from: Katavrik on March 12, 2015, 07:50:35 AM

Thanks as well. I was having the same issue. Perhaps isHard should be set for off by default? I started 4 games with 100% of the colony dying during the crash before I gave up on it. This'll hopefully give me a reason to try to mod some more.