[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AshbornK9

Im running this mod with the Hardcore SK modpack, which contains Prepare Carefully (though modified, not sure how though) and I have the version meant for Prepare Carefully, and have it set to easy mode. When I start a colony, the only thing that comes down (rather than the pods with my colonists) is a single pod with some potato seeds, and no colonists. Is there any way to fix this, because I really enjoy this mod. (As a sidenote: it was working fine earlier, but stopped for some reason)
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

falcongrey

Quote from: AshbornK9 on July 04, 2015, 11:24:51 PM
Im running this mod with the Hardcore SK modpack, which contains Prepare Carefully (though modified, not sure how though) and I have the version meant for Prepare Carefully, and have it set to easy mode. When I start a colony, the only thing that comes down (rather than the pods with my colonists) is a single pod with some potato seeds, and no colonists. Is there any way to fix this, because I really enjoy this mod. (As a sidenote: it was working fine earlier, but stopped for some reason)

If you are running 11b this mod hasn't been recompiled against it yet so will bug out.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Katavrik

Kaballah

falcongrey

Quote from: Katavrik on July 06, 2015, 12:06:58 AM
V 4.31 - Recompiled for A11b

yay! It's no longer raining Cryosleep Caskets! xD!!

This mod adds so much to the game. Even if it was just the initial 'crash' with parts of the ship crashing down in pieces with only the use of 'deconstruction' for materials available (example; no additional resources, people, weapons, or what not. Just a reactor that hinders with radiation until it either destabilizes from exposure and blows up or is deconstructed, ship hull parts and broke equipment, and dead bodies in broken cryosleep beds / destroyed cargo.)

Come to think of it, may be fun to have this as a possible 'hard core' mode in the future or even possibly have Tynan add this as part of the game being it wouldn't really deviate from the actual vanilla game being it isn't adding anything into it other than making it slightly harder.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

MarcTheMerc

Is there a way to treat radiation poisoning?

I have like five colonist vomiting everywhere, Its not good.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Katavrik

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on July 09, 2015, 06:42:02 AM
Is there a way to treat radiation poisoning?

I have like five colonist vomiting everywhere, Its not good.
There is no special radiation treatment. The radiation degrade on its own, a little less than 1% per game day. Excactly 100% per year.

MarcTheMerc

"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

Ninefinger

While using the Prepare Carefully version of Crash Landing i get this error that continuously repeats, after the fire has been burning for a little while.

Creating fancy things...

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Tried to maintain ended sustainer: FireBurning

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Also would it be possible to make it so that the colonists you choose are the ones who come down in the crashed ship part with 2 other randoms?

Katavrik

Quote from: Ninefinger on July 13, 2015, 11:43:07 AM
While using the Prepare Carefully version of Crash Landing i get this error that continuously repeats, after the fire has been burning for a little while.

Creating fancy things...

Also would it be possible to make it so that the colonists you choose are the ones who come down in the crashed ship part with 2 other randoms?
I cant reproduce this. I only get a single "Creating fancy things..." message.
"Creating fancy things..." - it is just a debug message, not an error. Does this message also repeat, or only "(Filename ... FireBurning" messages?

As for random colonists: yes, i can do it. Lets find out more about this bug, and i will make an update.

Le707Warrior

How does one switch it from Easy/Hard mode? I'm sure I'm just missing something..

Katavrik

Quote from: Le707Warrior on July 20, 2015, 09:26:35 PM
How does one switch it from Easy/Hard mode? I'm sure I'm just missing something..
It is located in option def file. You need to edit it.
- Options def, where you can adjust the mod to your taste. It is located in CrashLanding\Defs\OptionDefs\CrashLanding_Options.xml. You can edit it.
      <modeIsHard> - difficulty or mode, true - means Hard mode, false - means easy mode.

Vee

Running this on Linux and I have a little Bug report:
Linux is case sensitive for file names, so the textures directory actually needs to be named Textures to be found by unity. Probably the same for languages, but I didn't get any error messages about that one. Running in English though.

Renaming (or in my case a symbolic link) fixes the error message not loading textures. (And horrible pink boxes in the game itself)

Mechanoid Hivemind

QUESTION!!!!!
Is it save compatible?????????????? :D I hope so cause i wanted the random falling ships for a LONG LONG TIME
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Katavrik

Updated to V 4.32 (23.07.2015). This is a minor update, it only add a new option and fix some bugs.
- New option in OptionDefs: fillStartColonistsBlock - controls the number of colonists in starting cryptosleep block.
- Renamed Textures and Languages directory. First letter in uppercase.
- If there is no prisoners faction in the world (old saves and worlds), the prisoners should be generated for hostile spacer faction.

Quote from: Vee on July 22, 2015, 07:22:21 AM
Running this on Linux and I have a little Bug report:
Linux is case sensitive for file names, so the textures directory actually needs to be named Textures to be found by unity. Probably the same for languages, but I didn't get any error messages about that one. Running in English though.

Renaming (or in my case a symbolic link) fixes the error message not loading textures. (And horrible pink boxes in the game itself)
Thanks for the report. Updated.

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on July 22, 2015, 08:40:34 AM
QUESTION!!!!!
Is it save compatible?????????????? :D I hope so cause i wanted the random falling ships for a LONG LONG TIME
It should be compatible, but i cant guarantee anything. I add a fix for the worlds that does not have a Prisoner faction. It is a mod faction for prisoners, and the old saves may not contain it.