[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNewTeddy

Thank you for making a version compatible with prepare carefully!
sig

Darthvegan

I am super excited to try this out in my next game!  Looks super exciting!

toric

could you name the prepare carefully variant differently so we can tell it apart in the mod folder? or is it safe to rename it ourselves?

skullywag

foldernames make no difference. you can also change the name in the about.xml to tell it apart on the mod list in game.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

thenightgaunt

Quote from: TheNewTeddy on December 12, 2015, 02:23:28 PM
Thank you for making a version compatible with prepare carefully!

How did you get the two to work together?

I downloaded the compatible version of Crash Landing, and Prepare Carefully. Made sure that Crash Landing was set for easy mode. Then made a world, then a colony on "rough", and then I created a team of 3 colonists with Prepare Carefully. I saved the preset, started the colony and then when the colonists appeared they were the 3 default colonists from before I made my custom team. Then the colony ship parts started to fall.

I checked my version so I'm wondering what I might have done wrong.

EDIT: I fixed it. Deleted my old folder, got a fresh copy of the 12d game, added the mods and everything worked just fine.

toric

Quote from: skullywag on January 05, 2016, 06:52:35 AM
foldernames make no difference. you can also change the name in the about.xml to tell it apart on the mod list in game.

thanks for clarifying. didn't want to mess up a path name somewhere.

Andy_Dandy

Katavrik

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on January 17, 2016, 05:17:59 PM
I'm really not sure how to pick hard mode?
Open "your mods folder"\CrashLanding\Defs\OptionDefs\CrashLanding_Options.xml, find <modeIsHard> tag and set it to <modeIsHard>true</modeIsHard>.
Hard mode is default, when you download base variant of this mod V 5.02 rom the main page.
Hard mode does not work with EdB Prepare carefully.

hasu

Why its not working with EdB Prepare Carefuly on hard  :'(

knives49

hello, I try to start a colony with EDB prepare Carefuly, Crashlanding and Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots.

But crashlanding and Miscellaneous have conflict, so Haplo made a patch but it works only for the crashlanding hard mod...
the patch reload the mapgenerator of crashlanding after Miscellaneous and Crashlanding.
the crashlanding for EDB have no mapgenerator, so i'm blocked....

someone can help ? :)

Katavrik

Quote from: knives49 on February 22, 2016, 08:29:24 AM
hello, I try to start a colony with EDB prepare Carefuly, Crashlanding and Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots.

But crashlanding and Miscellaneous have conflict, so Haplo made a patch but it works only for the crashlanding hard mod...
the patch reload the mapgenerator of crashlanding after Miscellaneous and Crashlanding.
the crashlanding for EDB have no mapgenerator, so i'm blocked....

someone can help ? :)
Did you try to start all mods without Haplo`s patch? Crashlanding for EdB have different start mechanism, that can work with any other mapgenerator. Actually it does not modify game start at all, but just start crashlanding event right after the game start.

knives49

yes, i try without patch, load crashlanding after miscellaneous or before.
Crashlanding never start. I have my colonist with EDB and miscellaneous but no crashlanding.
If I load the patch, I have miscellaneous and crashlanding but I have random colonist.

Katavrik

Quote from: knives49 on February 23, 2016, 06:36:52 AM
yes, i try without patch, load crashlanding after miscellaneous or before.
Crashlanding never start. I have my colonist with EDB and miscellaneous but no crashlanding.
If I load the patch, I have miscellaneous and crashlanding but I have random colonist.
I just try Crashlanding fo EdB, EdB Prepare carefully and miscellaneous without patch. And they worked fine. May be there is a problem somewhere else. Try to do following actions:
1. Remove the crashlanding completly, and install the latest version of crashlanding for EdB again. Crashlanding for EdB should not have mapGenerator foldier.
2. Try to start a game without miscellaneous, and look if the crashlanding works. If no, that means problem somewhere else.
3. What other mods do you use with crashlanding? I will look up for conflicts.

knives49

I delete all rimworld and all local data, it's work.
I don't know why it didn't work before...

thanks for the help

Kolljak

Do you intend to update this to 13 this happens to be one of my favorites.