[MOD] (Alpha 10) Door Control (v1.4 - Updated 09.05.2015)

Started by Temeez, January 06, 2015, 09:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchiveruti

Ok, this mod is great, it has given me so much fun, specially with the fact that I don't have to be rebuilding doors all the time, I just make my guys move to their positions with the amazing teams of Miscellaneous mod, once they're there, I just open the door and let the bad guys rush in and get pwnd to death, if they just try to scape, I simply close the door that's still there! AND THEY DIE, DIE LIKE LITTLE BASTARDS AS THEY ARE.
Again, thanks for the mod, is great as it is.
It would be great to have the option to set "colonist only" doors, or "colonist and prisioners" only doors, so you don't have the stupid unwanted guests beating up your prisioners...

Kazuto Kirigaya

Quote from: Kazuto Kirigaya on January 31, 2015, 05:10:10 PM
Now we can give prisoners their own room.  ::)

Awww, they still stay in the door, how obedient....
I am highly unstable.

Temeez

Quote from: Nirahiel on January 27, 2015, 06:26:12 PM
Quote from: Sion on January 27, 2015, 05:26:53 PM
Quote from: Temeez on January 06, 2015, 09:07:22 AM
Features
- Toggle pawn door (keep door open until pawn goes through it (can be cancelled))

Can you make a option so the door stays open untill eighter the same pawn passes it again or untill any pawn passes it again?

Why?
Lets say that you have a room with a single door where you know that the pawn will enter and exit rapidly (eg. your central storage area), then you don't want the pawn to waist valuable time with opening and closing doors, just in & grab the stuff & out again, then close the door.

Thanks!
Or yet better, a kind of toggle door.
It's closed, counter to 0. When a pawn passes through it, it opens, counter++
If the same pawn passes again, counter--
If it's another pawn, counter++
if counter == 0, close the door.
Would allow things like a door to a storage, if one pawns comes in, he opens the door and then closes it when he leaves.
If several pawns goes through the door, usually the last one exiting will close the door. (Eventually a button to force reset the counter to 0)

I'll look into this when I get the time to update to A9. Soon I hope. :)

puddlejumper448

Soon I hope also! Love this mod, its one that i consider essential for sure, great job and hope this becomes vanilla some day it certainly deserves it.

Temeez

Updated to Alpha 9!

About the idea that Nirahiel and Sion talked about; Look like its not that simple to implement (or so I think). I'll get back to it if I get an idea how to do it.

Here's the link if you are too lazy to go to the first page: MediaFire

Dragoon

I think this conflicts with m.a.i door control anyway to make this overwrite hers?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Temeez

Quote from: Dragoon on February 24, 2015, 02:05:32 AM
I think this conflicts with m.a.i door control anyway to make this overwrite hers?
Was not aware that the door is back in there, thanks. I'll look into it today. :)

Temeez

I quickly tested, and there didn't seem to be any problems with the following setting:

EdB Mod Order
Miscellaneous w/o MAI
Door Control

Look like my mod overwrites the lockable door if its loaded after.

Asfalto

Since i use, on 100 doors, something like 95 glassdoors and only 5 vanilla, how can i add the feature to other doors?

Temeez

Quote from: Asfalto on February 24, 2015, 04:55:06 PM
Since i use, on 100 doors, something like 95 glassdoors and only 5 vanilla, how can i add the feature to other doors?

The Glassworks mod I presume, I'll look into it! :)

Temeez

Compatibility patch added for Glassworks IIX mod, see the first post. :)

pap3rrr

This mod is broken in alpha 10.
Doors no longer appear onscreen after being built. It still shows that there is a door in the square description.
I believe it may be something to do with how the door locks were re coded in the new release?
Ended up using it as the only mod activated and had no luck regardless of load order with core.
Very sad as this is one of my favorite mods for setting up defenses.

Temeez

Quote from: pap3rrr on April 20, 2015, 09:55:08 PM
This mod is broken in alpha 10.
Doors no longer appear onscreen after being built. It still shows that there is a door in the square description.
I believe it may be something to do with how the door locks were re coded in the new release?
Ended up using it as the only mod activated and had no luck regardless of load order with core.
Very sad as this is one of my favorite mods for setting up defenses.

Fear not, I will try to get this updated to A10 today. This week if stuff happens.

puddlejumper448

Any news on an update? I tried to create a workaround, but ive never modded anything before so I didn't make it far :P Ill just have to practice patience lol

Temeez

Quote from: puddlejumper448 on April 25, 2015, 07:06:11 PM
Any news on an update? I tried to create a workaround, but ive never modded anything before so I didn't make it far :P Ill just have to practice patience lol

I have managed to get the mod to a state that allows you to open the door manually, but it won't stay open after a colonist goes through it. I'm going to try couple things, but if they won't work, then.. well we'll see.

Edit: Good progress has been made!

Edit2: Updated, should work without problems! :)