[MOD] (Alpha 10) Door Control (v1.4 - Updated 09.05.2015)

Started by Temeez, January 06, 2015, 09:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Temeez

Door Control

Description:
Temperature controlling with doors, for example! Is your room on fire with over 300'C (572'F)? Open the door so pawns don't have to go there and melt like ice cream!
This mod took me about 4 hours to make, and I'm quite happy with it. I wouldn't even have started if I wouldn't have found Haplos post with some delicious source code. You deserve to eat all my ice cream, thank you! :)

Features
Door and auto door have two new buttons:
- Toggle door (open & close)
- Toggle pawn door (keep door open until pawn goes through it (can be cancelled))

It should be self explanatory how this mod works.

Download Latest
MediaFire | RRS feed for the folder where I will add the future versions. You can also find older versions via the RRS link.

CompatibilityPatches
Glassworks IX - MediaFire <<< Download
Miscellaneous w/o MAI - Just activate DoorControl after this mod.

Activate all compatibility patches after this and the mod that the compatibility patch is for.

Author
Temeez

How to install
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Changelog

v1.4 (09.05.2015)
- Won't override vanilla doors now, since doors aren't too moddable in this alpha release. This mod will become obselete in Alpha 11.

v1.3 (26.04.2015)
- Updated to Alpha 10.

v1.2 (22.02.2015)
- Updated to Alpha 9.

v1.1 (08.01.2015)
- Added hotkeys O and P for the buttons.

v1.0 (06.01.2015)
- Released for alpha 8.

Do tell me if there is a snag somewhere  ::)

Screenshot(s)

millenium

thank you. another mod had added this but it seems to have disappeared.

Nirahiel

I don't exactly get the point of the pawn door. Can you explain ? :)

Temeez

Quote from: Nirahiel on January 06, 2015, 10:33:51 AM
I don't exactly get the point of the pawn door. Can you explain ? :)

You click it -> Door opens and stays open until someone walks through it. I didn't try, but if it works with enemies, then you can make traps with that I guess :P

Der Failer

Nice Mod :)
But do you know what would make it even better? If it would work on "old" doors as well, because it doesn't work for doors which were built before the mod was installed. ;)

Igabod

Quote from: Der Failer on January 06, 2015, 10:57:47 AM
Nice Mod :)
But do you know what would make it even better? If it would work on "old" doors as well, because it doesn't work for doors which were built before the mod was installed. ;)

That would be impossible. Just deconstruct the old doors and build the new ones in their place.

StorymasterQ

So this mod adds "Lock Close", "Lock Open" and "Hold the Door" options, yes?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 06, 2015, 07:49:17 PM
yes, except hold the door is more like, "Hold the door until pawn enters." I think any pawn.
Listening to Frank Sinatra :P
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 06, 2015, 07:52:54 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on January 06, 2015, 07:49:17 PM
yes, except hold the door is more like, "Hold the door until pawn enters." I think any pawn.
Listening to Frank Sinatra :P

Yeah, like with elevators. "Hold the door, please." :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

john pretzel

Anyone thinking about frying raiders, this is your chance, apparently  ::)

Let them in.... close the door.... heat the place.... and... (figure out the rest)  ;D

Igabod

Quote from: john pretzel on January 06, 2015, 10:12:03 PM

Let them in.... close the door.... heat the place.... and... (figure out the rest)  ;D

It's better to freeze them. Don't wanna set their valuable gear on fire now do you?

Temeez

Quote from: john pretzel on January 06, 2015, 10:12:03 PM

The funny thing is that I didn't even think of this until much later. I just wanted to have a tiny bit more room temperature control. :P

john pretzel

Quote from: Igabod on January 06, 2015, 10:50:00 PM
It's better to freeze them. Don't wanna set their valuable gear on fire now do you?

Speaking of that, I've seen pawns with hypothermia and initial heart stroke at the same time lol. Some visitors took shelter in my geothermal room that was around 60�c  ;D coming from an outside temp of -70�c (icesheet dome).

But since I play a lot in the icesheet, I'm used to frozen corpses and food..  ;D what's funny though sometimes an attack starts and seconds later they're retreating, with some pawns dying along the way of hypothermia  ;D. Cold has its advantages.. but playing with fire seems interesting too!

Patrykbono20

ok, whe have a door of ice and fire, now wait of dragon :)
desired mod :D