Remove Contradictions

Started by Alex26, November 09, 2013, 07:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex26

Played the game for the first time today. One of my characters got both the traits "sexually experienced" and "sexually inexperienced". Then during the game I got a solar flare event during an eclipse, when you'd expect that the gas giant would block the solar flare, in reality. Stopping these kinds of contradictions should be a relatively easy thing to fix, and would really increase the realism.

Galileus

There will be dozens more perks and things to happen, some will vanish, other will change dramatically... you don't clean a window if you want to break it and replace it right afterwards.

Dragula

There are lots more contradictions, like an assassin who is afraid of violence. Some are actually quite enjoyable :)

Nocebo

I am sexually experienced with women, but inexperienced with men. You can be be both as long as the game doesn't get more detailed then that and you get to fill in some things with your own imagination.

I believe the solar flare can also happen during an eclipse as long as the solar system you're in is sufficiently large. A solar eclipse only lasts about 5~10 minutes in real live on our world? The light from the sun also takes about 8 minutes to get here. Assuming the gas giant can be a heck of a lot closer to the sun to block it out. It would have to travel a lot faster due to orbital mechanics, meaning that eclipse will happen faster. The solar flare might already be past the gas giant as it moves in for the eclipse, but still have a decent distance away that they happen sort of simultaneously?
Supporter of The Mad Boommuffalo Project!

Matty

These will be fixed eventually, but the traits will probably have more use in the future, such as sexually experienced people being more likely to start a relationship.