Am I playing too much?

Started by Idlemind79, January 11, 2015, 07:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlemind79

I was playing and I could hear the colonists building and other game sounds very quietly.. because my speakers were turned down low.

Wrong. They were off and my brain was filling in the blanks I guess.

I'm not hearing voices yet, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Shinzy

Coenmcj

When the ship parts land and you start hearing the voices urging you to kill everyone you love and cherish dearly, perhaps then you have played a bit too much.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Romi

I don't know how to answer this.

REMworlder

Actually if you look at the changelog this is perfectly normal.

QuoteDec 32
-Sinavibe enabled. Flashing on-screen images now generate user-exclusive sound effects through selective resonation of sinus cavities and ocular fluid.
-Water rebalanced so new less players are less overwhelmed.
-Updated agave.
-Fire fire flies removed from game.

TheSilencedScream

When I first began a playing, I had the same problem.
I'm okay now, though, I promise. There's really no need for the jacket anymore, dearie.

Ehehehehe!
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Johnny Masters

one of us one of us one of us!

Vonholtz

Redrum..........Redrum............REDRUM.................REDRUM

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

UrbanBourbon

Just because you haven't been diagnosed with schizophrenia doesn't mean the huge black slimy mass with long silvery razor-sharp teeth in the corner of your room isn't going to eat you alive as soon as it has stopped growling at you. Anyway, joking aside, frequent auditory or visual hallucinations are symptoms of schizophrenia, and in that case one should seek medical assistance as soon as possible. Symptoms can be managed with the combination of medication and therapy, AFAIK. Or just turn up the volume so your brain isn't confused about which sounds are real and which are not. It is kind of interesting how some of the sounds get burned into the mind like that. I'm not unfamiliar with this phenomenon. There was at least one occasion when I had to ask myself if I actually heard a sound from the game (speakers) or was it just a faint echo produced by my own brain. I bet that with years of training, meditation, one doesn't even need sounds in a game and you can imagine them so vividly that they become real to you. Next step, stop actually playing altogether, and just visualize the game. Free games, no sign-up, no fees, no tech problems.

giannikampa

as long as i know the only thing you can do is wear a military helmet: -10% psychic sensitivity, not good armor, i know :(
And as always.. sorry for my bad english