[Question].dll modifying in regards to other explosion on death action types

Started by xanatosxan, January 15, 2015, 11:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanatosxan

I have a question for those more versed and experienced in .dll modification than I am currently. Over the last few days I've been trying to find what segment of code makes the boomrats explode on death and while after scouring the games main .dll I've found the main segments:

// Verse.RaceProperties
public void PostLoadSpecial()
{
if (this.deathActionType == DeathActionType.ExplodeFlame)
{
this.deathAction = delegate(Pawn p)
{
GenExplosion.DoExplosion(p.Position, 1.9f, DamageTypeDefOf.Flame, p, null, null);
};
}
}

Here is where I start to have questions. Should I assume that with the boomrats' death blast radius being to the adjacent squares around it is due to the segment[p.Position, 1.9f] and if modified that that would increase or decrease the explosion radius according?
Second, While I know how to change the damage type of the explosion triggered would there be a way to add in a second damage type without altering the first? If not is there a way to dummy code( like maybe recreating the second half of the code to match everything but the damage type) to trigger both types of damage?  Thank you in advance for any advice, tip or hints you could possibly give me. Any assistance is appreciated as I'm currently still trying to learn the basics as I go and could use whatever helpful information and guidance people would be willing to offer. 

JuliaEllie

1st yes
2nd Hell yeah! You can even make it poop pink confetti and play Wagner on death if you want to :D .dll stronk!