[MOD] (Alpha 9) Automated healing

Started by skullywag, January 17, 2015, 06:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

it already takes a day in ticks to fully heal. Im working out some kinks currently. I keep finding a colonist who will not heal, it shows to injurys found but im staring at their injury list going...uhhh...i think ive found a bug in core....but im not sure, have to debug further. I might post up the version I have now tonight. Its a bit OP but meh im not sure this kind of thing is ever going to be truly balanced.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

So ive now got a version that can fix scars and other random injuries as well. Im working on the nicer parts of getting it to make sounds and stuff, so am almost done with this. Ill release tomorrow and let you guys go nuts with it, im expecting at least 1 balancing pass after release.

SilverDragon

drakulux

Will we need to start a new colony or world for the update?

skullywag

dont think new world is needed, even if you have my old version of this it should just work, worst case youll have to deconstruct and rebuild the caskets.

Khaosius789

skullywag

Im still battling with some code issues, Tynan hasnt followed his normal rules with the original casket so messing with inspect strings (the stuff in the bottom left panel) is tricky. The issue being I cannot show how much power is needed if I extend the sleep casket, if I create a WHOLE new casket ill have to write all the code all the way down the chain and the issue here is some of it is obfuscated and therefore I have no access to it so lose some functionality. So yeah tricky....

palandus

Good old procedural abstraction making life wonderful, eh?

Cancel that; thought for some reason you said black boxed. My bad.

numen0r

how bad could this be so that its been weeks working on bugs?

skullywag

this isnt a bug, its fundemental to the mod working how I want it to work, im struggling with something that no one seems to have done before, yes i could fallback to what i class as a crappy way of doing it but thats just not me, if I have to fight for a few more weeks to get this working I will, sorry if thats not good enough for you but its how i work. If i were to release now you could cure everything in the game for the cost of the casket....i wont be releasing this until its working correctly.

skullywag

Ok, ive done what i didnt want to do and used a hopper for herbal meds...its not the most elegant but it works, this thing takes 600 power constantly and needs 10 herbal meds a pop, im hoping to improve the logic to use a number of meds based on disease/injury but thisll do for now as a first full release, ive only slightly tested it, so I expect bugs, but nothing major i doubt.

Also the question that was raised about using a hopper and needing someone to feed them in, thus removing the heal self part of the mod has been addressed, the casket wont let you in unless it has the meds to heal you. I think itll warn you (last colonist, are you sure popup) if youre the only colonist but theres nothing i can do about that.

numen0r

Thanks skullywag for releasing the update.

some things I noticed while testing:
Cataracts and Shattered rib cannot be healed. Scratch scars are healed successfully.

bugs (someone please verify them):
-colonists don't enter casket if time is sped up.
-after colonists are ejected from casket, the casket is still registered as reserved by the colonist. (quick fix: draft/undraft the last colonist that used the casket)
-casket takes all herbal meds from hopper regardless if it uses them all or not. so 75 max per stack. then after patient with 1 injury is ejected, it says it has no meds.

skullywag

hmm i thought i got those ( i was aware of all of em) let me have another play...

skullywag

Ok reuploaded with some tweaks, ive made the colonists hang around a little longer at the interaction cell (no idea why 400 ticks isnt enough seeing as it tries to pull them in every 250???) that seems to let them in each time i tried even on speed 4.

Fixed the reserved bug cuz im a twit.

Refixed the bug i fixed but didnt commit, now doesnt eat all your meds.

Ill look into the ribs and eyes thing, not sure I want to fix the eyes but the ribs...maybe...

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.