Crash Cannon

Started by TerrisH, November 09, 2013, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrisH

Crash Cannon

Crash Cannon,   Our new home.     Maybe permanently,  but hopefully not for to long.   Should have started this Log a While ago,  but things have been heck-tic, and were only just starting to get into a position to relax.

We landed just less then a month ago in this narrow canyon.   Setting up a small building to sleep for the night, we quickly expanded and walled off both the north and south ends of the canyon,  providing a nice little area safe from the ravages of this untamed world.   well relatively safe.   

We likely would have been a lot safer if Harvy hadn't accidentally deleted the Turret Design on the way down.   Pineda  Is trying to reconstruct the plans,  be she says not to get our hopes up.    Would likely be extremely helpful against these raiders that keep turning up.

Still, the Raiders haven't proved too difficult and We haven't lost a colonist yet to them,  despite a few close calls.     Even managed to recruit a few of them.

Here's everyone gathered around an impromptu to campfire.  I'll introduce everyone.

I'm Beasley,   One of the original 3.  Built most of the building by myself, and Pretty good at repairing things to boot.   Used to be the Leader of the Colony,  but Pineda has taken over that duty for the most part.

To my East is Mack,  the colonies trouble maker.   First raider to stumble upon us,  harvey managed to Knock her out and drag her to a cell.   She's since joined us,  but doesn't much.   most of the time she simply wanders around and dose nothing other then stamp out any minor fires.    Occasionally she will start shooting up nearby critters,  but she usually reserves her pulse rifle for any raiders that turns up.     Usually ends up taking out half the raiders herself.

To my south is Cambell, a former Marine and CC's other major defender.   We pulled her and Le off a Slaver ship,  selling the Slaver a hold full of potato we bought off a farming ship in exchange for them and some cash.
  She has proved her worth since then,  wielding the Incendiary thrower she has with great skill.    Proved to be a great distraction,  forcing a lot of the attackers to panic as they caught fire.   And unlike Mack (freeloader),  she's not above getting her hands dirty and helping out around the compound.

Le was the other slave we pulled of the ship.  An oaf like Harvey,  he spends most of his time tending the plants in the greenhouse.

Harvey Landed with me, and is the one responsible for our current problem with the turrets.     Not exactly the smartest person,  he is very good with plants, and spends most of his time tending the crops in the greenhouse with Le.   Well away from more mechanical things.

Pearson also Landed with me,  and has proved a bit more skilled.    The most skilled in the compound with a pickaxe,  he spends a lot of his time mining,  digging out ore and stone for us to build with.

David was supposed to land with us,  but a malfunction pulled his capsule off course.  Took him a few days to make the trek to us.   He's been the compounds doctor ever since.   He's pretty good at it to.

Pineda, who's now the Compounds leader,  Turned up a few days after David made it back.   were not sure where she came from, but she has been incredibly helpful in organizing this place.  Not to bad in a fire fight to boot.

Novak turned up Just before we pulled the shell game on the slaver.   With a small raider group hot on his heels.   After we took them down,  he was glad to join up with us.

And that's.. well,  There is also Rangel,  A survivor of the last Raid.   he's currently in his cell recovering from wounds. 

anyway, I'm starting to ramble.  I should Quickly wrap this up.

This is the base. 
The bloody box is the south entrance.   perfect trap for the raiders.  or near perfect.   we haven't' really tested it since we roofed it over.    Used to also be our farm land before we built the hydroponics.
to the East of the entrance is the Communication and research room.  Pineda spends most of her time here,  working on one project or another. 
above that is the dinning room,  which is a bit outdated.     We plan to build a bigger one once we get the metal,  but for now it works quite fine.
   to the north of that are our hydroponics.    We grow most of our food here now,  though there is talks of setting up new farms to the north for variety in the food supply. 
Next to that is the Arsenal.   not much here right now,   as we managed to sell off most of our weapons a while ago. 
Far to the East is the battery room.    We still charging the backups.

Off screen to the north is the Geothermal plant, and the North gate.  The north gate is.. a bit of a mess currently.   problems with the last raid has ment we need to expand it a bit, and enclose it like the south gate.  which means finally running a power line to it. 

Well, I need to get back to work now.   I'll try to make more regular entries from now on, though there might not be much to report.

Signed, Beasley