[A9] Defend That Colony! Alpha 9 Compatibility (v1.2 update: 18/01/15)

Started by elStrages, January 20, 2015, 08:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Quote from: popster99 on February 15, 2015, 07:25:22 AM
no updates :(
very busy, I have 5 mods for rimworld out and 2 in development, I work on project armoury.
Then imagine this for 4 or 5 games. So I have dedicated time to different things.
But don't threat, updates will be coming :)

Redshadow

Quote from: elStrages on January 23, 2015, 08:42:22 PM
all valid points bar the human fly catcher maybe lol, I will have a look

The 'Human flycatcher' as you call it could be something like the Floor Spikes mod but instead of damage it slows the target to about 0.001% speed & can be toggled on/off as to make it a kind-of good option to surround your base in it, but can be turned off as to not stop your colonists from spending an extra hour leaving/entering the area
Yes, I made my icon in a game called LittleBigPlanet...

popster99

Quote from: elStrages on February 15, 2015, 07:31:17 AM
Quote from: popster99 on February 15, 2015, 07:25:22 AM
no updates :(
very busy, I have 5 mods for rimworld out and 2 in development, I work on project armoury.
Then imagine this for 4 or 5 games. So I have dedicated time to different things.
But don't threat, updates will be coming :)
oh yay i don't have to start sending skullywag mechinoids after you

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

popster99

elStrages

Getting off topic guys... So...

I will be looking at this mod around the end of the week is there anything you think you would like to see it it?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: elStrages on February 16, 2015, 03:09:04 AM

I will be looking at this mod around the end of the week is there anything you think you would like to see it it?
I am kinda confused at how the sandbags work i have the extra strength ones set up
T=trench
S=your sand bags
B=barbed-wire
W=sandstone walls
wTTTTTTw
wSSSSSw
wBBBBBw
w          w
w     ^     w
        |
    (incoming attack wave)
Like so with sandstone walls around them. I have lose 3 colonist to enemy fire so far and most of them have power armour on. Why does it not help or does it and i am blind?

Also i want barb wire to hurt not stop that be kinda cool.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

popster99

i would like a moat or bridge that lets colonists go across when activated

popster99

Quote from: palandus on January 23, 2015, 07:39:03 PM
More defensive stuff? Hmmm...

1) What about a floor that REDUCES movement speed when travelled through, but doesn't grant people any cover when doing so (ie old setups were to use massive amounts of rock chunks or sandbags, but these offer cover)

2) What about a door that can be ordered by the player to "open" up to allow invaders into an area and then order the door to close behind them sealing them in?

3) GlitterTech had a great idea: Blast Doors, but has failed to come up with a "Blast Wall" that has exceptionally high hitpoints to work as a highly defensive wall, to support a Blast Door. The thing with the Blast Door is, that it is practically invulnerable, but the walls surrounding the blast door are not, so I've seen raiders destroy the wall, and ignore the door.

4) What would happen, if a raider was on a floor that could be converted into a wall? Would they die instantly (ie crushing force) or get displaced? ie in the Mod Mechanical Defense, Mipen has a Mechanical Wall, that can be converted into either an Embrasure, raised to be like a wall or lowered to be walked over. So, if you had a large number of these walls, in the lowered state, what would happen if you ordered all walls to raise?

5) What about a defensive field of some sort that "ordered" raiders to drop their weapons when they walked through it?

6) Sticky floors that fully prevent movement if entered? Kinda like those really, really sticky paper stuff used to catch rats... and so sticky that if that rat wanted to leave it they'd have to basically rip part of their skin and hair to get off?

7) A room that has walls that are fireproof, and that seal raiders inside, and then a fire is started inside the room. A contained fire can actually heat up a room quite quickly. I had one room with fireproof walls that actually got up to over 2200 degrees Celsius in less than 10 seconds.

8) A room that has highly resistant walls, and a mechanism that drops the temperature of the room to like -150 degrees Celsius, flash freezing anyone caught inside.

9) A defensive field that went entered causes raiders to enter a psychotic rampage and start killing their fellows. Could be done probably by having an event or something that causes a massive drop in morale of say -150 or something.

10) Good old landmines. KABOOM, when stepped on, or a proximity sensor, or manual destruction.
and as many of this stuff as possible number 5,9 and 10 would be nice

elStrages

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on February 16, 2015, 03:22:17 AM

I am kinda confused at how the sandbags work i have the extra strength ones set up
T=trench
S=your sand bags
B=barbed-wire
W=sandstone walls
wTTTTTTw
wSSSSSw
wBBBBBw
w          w
w     ^     w
        |
    (incoming attack wave)
Like so with sandstone walls around them. I have lose 3 colonist to enemy fire so far and most of them have power armour on. Why does it not help or does it and i am blind?

Also i want barb wire to hurt not stop that be kinda cool.
They are just improved from current sandbanks. Pass through chance is lowered

As for the things suggested I have noted them down
Moat draw bridge and fence gates are top priority

elStrages

vega666

Version Windows 0.9.722

This mod seems to bug out the Priorities page. When I start a game with this mod active (and only then), only the first colonist appears in the list, and only the Firefighting checkbox appears.

elStrages

Quote from: vega666 on February 19, 2015, 04:32:45 PM
Version Windows 0.9.722

This mod seems to bug out the Priorities page. When I start a game with this mod active (and only then), only the first colonist appears in the list, and only the Firefighting checkbox appears.
thanks for the bug, I will look into it right now!

elStrages

Quote from: vega666 on February 19, 2015, 04:32:45 PM
Version Windows 0.9.722

Sure its this mod bud, I just loaded up the game and well found nothing. See image: