[A9] Defend That Colony! Alpha 9 Compatibility (v1.2 update: 18/01/15)

Started by elStrages, January 20, 2015, 08:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

Defend That Colony!

Description:
Defend That Colony! add a veriaty of defensive postions to the game. This will better enable you to thwart those attacks

Preview:

Video:
Defend That Colony! Preview

Download: v1.2
Defend That Colony! Downloads
MediaFire rar Download
MediaFire 7zip Download

Mod Team:
Coding, Graphics, Odd job manipulation:
- elStrages aka David

Details:

Features:
o New walls with Embrasures
     - Standard wall and conduit
o Tranches
o Barbed Wire
o Moats
Change Log: v1.2 New Mod
Updated to Alpha 9
Change Log: v1.1 New Mod
Added:
- Moat
- Barbed Wire
- Tranches
- Updated Embrasure Sprites

Compatibility:
Fully compatible with Alpha 8.
Fully compatible with all mods.

Cynicalmuse

Quote from: inman30 on January 20, 2015, 08:18:31 PM
No screenshots?

The walls don't look any different from normal walls, so there's nothing to really show.

Malcom347

Quote from: Cynicalmuse on January 20, 2015, 10:54:07 PM
Quote from: inman30 on January 20, 2015, 08:18:31 PM
No screenshots?

The walls don't look any different from normal walls, so there's nothing to really show.

But the walls should look different from normal walls. Shouldn't you know where your defenses are and where your regular walls are at?

Cynicalmuse

Quote from: Malcom347 on January 20, 2015, 11:09:22 PM
But the walls should look different from normal walls. Shouldn't you know where your defenses are and where your regular walls are at?

I agree, but as it stands now there are no screenshots because the walls don't look any different from normal walls. The author has stated that he needs help with a texture, so be patient and creative.

Kemono

This has already been done. There's an embrasures mod that has the custom art already.

elStrages

If you read the threads first post I said I would like some help with the sprite. I know it's the same and I know there's no screens. Sorry.
I will be adding a lot more to the mod, I have been mulling it over at to things I want to add it's not just going to be this

HBKRKO619

So, to summarise, the mod is actualy more or less embrasure without the texture ?
Good luck elStrages with the update and fix, I know you're a great modder but I will wait for more content before taking this one, I have no doubt you will succed :)

elStrages

It will be a lot more once I am finished ;) but as it stands yes :D

inman30

Sorry I didn't notice that you asked for help with the textures... I do that sometimes.

elStrages

Berengar

What i would love to see is guarding as an real job.
With guardpost.. like for doors. And Patrolways that i can define.
Mostly playing with special colonist, that are doin only soldierjobs.. would love to see them doing something more than eating my food. ;)

PS: Will maybe take later an look on that walls. But not sure i got the time. :)

elStrages

Quote from: Berengar on January 21, 2015, 08:55:31 AM
What i would love to see is guarding as an real job.
With guardpost.. like for doors. And Patrolways that i can define.
Mostly playing with special colonist, that are doin only soldierjobs.. would love to see them doing something more than eating my food. ;)

PS: Will maybe take later an look on that walls. But not sure i got the time. :)
sounds good, I have stolen the sprite for the walls from the embrasure mod, I will throw it into photoshop in a bit and edit it to my liking I think, but anyone who is better may do a better job lol

DarkMatterKnight

elStrages