[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodrigogogo

I grown accustomed to the vulcan, the sniper turrets and (mostly) the devastator ... can't play without them, i feel so weak without the turrets of this mod !

DarkTemplarlord

Kairo

Hi there, it is compatible with A12 ... no big errors seen so far  :)

mo0504

Yep i agree, its compatible, i use them in A12 as well

Topper

Is the rat launcher coming back? Its like the keystone of the mod..and now can launch unwated pets maybe ?

Andy_Dandy

Pleased to see it work for A12, but please increase the research costs. Please, please, please! :)

HalfmoonSmile

You may easily modifiy the research costs for your personal game. Look at the mod, then: defs>researchprojectdefs, and then simply adjust the field "totalCost" of the file inside.

I've attached a modified version of the research defs which almost doubles the costs for this mod's additions; just dump it into the researchprojectdefs folder for this mod and overwrite.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: HalfmoonSmile on August 31, 2015, 01:20:24 PM
You may easily modifiy the research costs for your personal game. Look at the mod, then: defs>researchprojectdefs, and then simply adjust the field "totalCost" of the file inside.

I've attached a modified version of the research defs which almost doubles the costs for this mod's additions; just dump it into the researchprojectdefs folder for this mod and overwrite.

Thanks alot! :) You rock, my good sir!

Degraine

I've just started playing the game myself, thought I'd try out some mods after a few colonies, and I really like this one! Only...it seems like colonists have virtually no protection when manning a complex - I'm guessing because the code is cribbed from the standard mortars.

Is it possible to add: A) some from of cover rating when they're on the complex, and B) prevent colonists disengaging from the complex the moment they're shot?

FMJ Penguin

As far as I'm aware, you get cover from 2 squares away when using sandbags. At least I think that's how they used to work so double deep sandbags was the way to go. If that's still true then you should be able to sandbag around said turret and gain some defense at least. May have changed though sense that was many alphas ago.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Degraine

Well it seems like it changed. I replicated the setup in the OP with the vulcan and two complexes next to it, just to try it out. The operator got peppered with bullets from centipede miniguns and didn't fare any better with pirates, either.

FMJ Penguin

Yeah I could be very wrong about the whole thing. Not even sure if pawns that are using a device are even considered there own entity anymore. Could just be seen as part of that device while using it and world objects may not even gain "cover" from defenses. Kinda curious about it now though  :P  Damn you! I was happy in my ignorance... now I'll be wondering if sandbags are even helping my turrets at all. They seemed to but I couldn't say for sure one way or another.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Iwillbenicetou

What I would do is use walls and sandbags. Even embrasures if you want. Go to Mech Defense. Best type of them
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

IndustryStandard

Can I suggest adding a lazer turret? It would be fitting for Rimworld.

Shoots more rapid but weaker firepower.

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: IndustryStandard on September 01, 2015, 11:36:52 PM
Can I suggest adding a lazer turret? It would be fitting for Rimworld.

Shoots more rapid but weaker firepower.

And when we have babies in RW? hehe