[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top_hat_tomato

Quote from: Justas love on April 25, 2016, 02:23:47 PM
A13?

I've found no problems with the A12d version running on A13. The only difference is that the turrets should not have any possibility of breaking down like vanilla turrets in A13.

teqwolf

Missing Turret Head.

Only using PrepareCarefully and More Vanilla Turrets mod.

Sorry that I can't provide more info at this time. Just wanted to get this graphical issue documented, but I will be tinkering around Sunday and Monday to figure out why the turret also seems unresponsive to raiders.

Other bug to be tested, my screen goes red and my nameplates are the only thing left to display on a blurred red screen when more than one turret is on my screen at a time.

Output_Log quotes as such REPEATEDLY:

Exception drawing MilitaryTurretGun327129: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.Building_TurretGun.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PS: Thanks for the mod. Love it. Personal favorite is putting shredders around a mech pod. >:D

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Snownova

DepOpt

Quote from: teqwolf on April 29, 2016, 08:01:07 AM
Missing Turret Head.

Only using PrepareCarefully and More Vanilla Turrets mod.

Sorry that I can't provide more info at this time. Just wanted to get this graphical issue documented, but I will be tinkering around Sunday and Monday to figure out why the turret also seems unresponsive to raiders.

Other bug to be tested, my screen goes red and my nameplates are the only thing left to display on a blurred red screen when more than one turret is on my screen at a time.

Output_Log quotes as such REPEATEDLY:

Exception drawing MilitaryTurretGun327129: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.Building_TurretGun.Draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PS: Thanks for the mod. Love it. Personal favorite is putting shredders around a mech pod. >:D

Same issue with the turret head. Using Rimsenal, Epoe and "A Dog Said...", so unlikely to be PrepareCarefully causing it. And I'm using the version posted in this thread. Also worth noting is that it was possible to build the turrets before researching them, and researching them did not fix the issue.
Ignore this notice

clearskiesnl

trollsamaa

Quote from: clearskiesnl on May 06, 2016, 02:52:44 PM
I cant man the gun complex in A13
I (was) having the same issue.
So I replaced the version from this link with the one from Enhanced Development (link below)**
now it works fine. Im guessing there is just some conflict with the A12d version responsible.

**  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18995.msg207265#msg207265

Elixiar

"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Clibanarius

Okay, so why don't you use the updated version from ED? The one that works for A13? The one that exists right now?

Marnador

Its been a while bit there is a new 1.7 version coming.
What's to come?
New Blast turret, cost tweaking, tech tree overhaul, slight graphical changes to both rocket and gun complexes by making their base slightly different from each other, and more damage tweaking.
Also made a proper mod banner/logo

When done it would be updated here and uploaded to Steam Workshop.

123nick

Quote from: Marnador on July 23, 2016, 07:50:26 AM
Its been a while bit there is a new 1.7 version coming.
What's to come?
New Blast turret, cost tweaking, tech tree overhaul, slight graphical changes to both rocket and gun complexes by making their base slightly different from each other, and more damage tweaking.
Also made a proper mod banner/logo

When done it would be updated here and uploaded to Steam Workshop.

this is awesome! i cant wait, right now im using some updated version of the mod, that someone updated for A14, and seemingly works well. still, i am excited :)

Slye_Fox

Oooo, I'd just like to give a reminder that there is Tribal start scenario for when you do the tech tree(I noticed a fair few modders forget this was added & they need to make their stuff require the electricity tech minimum).

jouki

Marnador