[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epyk

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on January 24, 2015, 11:18:35 AM
working corrects with others mod with turrets ?

I can confirm this work with Turret collection and CyberneticStorm.
It can also depend of your mod order if you use EdB mod order however.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Marnador

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on January 24, 2015, 11:18:35 AM
working corrects with others mod with turrets ?
It should work just fine without any conflicts although balancing might be different between the mods, for example one might do more damage per cost than the other since I didn't really used other mods for balancing reference.

ShadowHawkBluetear

EPIC.... Very nice was dyeing trying to do it all with mortars and improvised turrets thanks this will make it lot more fun to be actually able to play the harder setting without getting raped!!!

Marnador

Quote from: ShadowHawkBluetear on January 24, 2015, 08:37:38 PM
EPIC.... Very nice was dyeing trying to do it all with mortars and improvised turrets thanks this will make it lot more fun to be actually able to play the harder setting without getting raped!!!
Thanks although my mod is very basic at its best and reuses a lot of vanilla assets like sounds and projectiles.
If you want a nice turret mod with their own sounds, projectiles and effects don't forget to give a shot to Turret Collection by eatKenny
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6895.0
I was looking through the files and its amazing how much effort went through it.

As for me I am done with the mortar, I'll be posting it soon, the update will be flawlessly compatible with v1.1 or at least that's what I hope for.

Marnador

Update is out, whoever is running 1.1 I want to know if 1.2 works flawlessly when installed on top and playing with existing save file, let me know is there are issues.
From what I tested should work just fine but still.

I will probably start on some sort of sniper turret.

Sneezepee

Maybe I'm slow, but I can't place the vulcan turret and I get a debug error.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Building/Security/VulcanCannon in any active mod or in base resources.

This is the only mod I have active.

Marnador

Quote from: Sneezepee on January 25, 2015, 12:02:37 AM
Maybe I'm slow, but I can't place the vulcan turret and I get a debug error.

Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Building/Security/VulcanCannon in any active mod or in base resources.

This is the only mod I have active.
Good find, should now be fixed in v1.2b

Mechanoid Hivemind

Idc if i told my self limited mods but this needs added!!!!!
(EdBs interface is the only one i have added)
I love you for this (no homo i dont wanna be ripped a new rear end from the internet trolls)
compatible with a current save?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Marnador

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 25, 2015, 07:28:28 AM
I love you for this (no homo i dont wanna be ripped a new rear end from the internet trolls)
Haha thanks =p
Yep I just had I playing session today with my 3 year colony that I build entirely in vanilla tried playing with a mod and worked just fine :)
Speaking of ripping holes this... just happened

Dragonbored

I downloaded this and am super exited to try it, but in game none of the turrets show up in the architect menu :'(. Do I need to do research or something to unlock them?

SilverDragon

Quote from: Dragonbored on January 25, 2015, 01:34:29 PM
I downloaded this and am super exited to try it, but in game none of the turrets show up in the architect menu :'(. Do I need to do research or something to unlock them?

You are correct, you do need to research them in order to build them.
Like it says in the original post:
Research requirement = military grade turret (becomes available after gun turret cooling)

;D It's a cool mod!

Iwillbenicetou

So Stuff is the material being used, like gold, or steel?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Dragonbored

Quote from: SilverDragon on January 25, 2015, 01:39:06 PM
Quote from: Dragonbored on January 25, 2015, 01:34:29 PM

You are correct, you do need to research them in order to build them.
Like it says in the original post:
Research requirement = military grade turret (becomes available after gun turret cooling)

;D It's a cool mod!

Thanks. I just figured that out when I was reading the descriptions of each turret.

Marnador

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on January 25, 2015, 02:15:12 PM
So Stuff is the material being used, like gold, or steel?
Yep everything is using metal while Vulcan cannon can also use stone for stuff.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Marnador on January 25, 2015, 08:40:11 AM
Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 25, 2015, 07:28:28 AM
Haha thanks =p
Yep I just had I playing session today with my 3 year colony that I build entirely in vanilla tried playing with a mod and worked just fine :)
Speaking of ripping holes this... just happened

Reminds me of a Micheal bay film.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.