[A17] More Vanilla Turrets (v1.8.5 29/5/2017)

Started by Marnador, January 21, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Marnador

Mechanoid Hivemind

Your guns and EdBs interface isnt compatible. i built the vulcan cannon and moments later when i wanted to see where something went to (A.I. persona core) i couldnt open EdBs inventory tab to see and the log came up saying something like it failed to recognize the object. I am not home so i cant get the error for you
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Marnador

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 27, 2015, 01:38:31 AM
Your guns and EdBs interface isnt compatible. i built the vulcan cannon and moments later when i wanted to see where something went to (A.I. persona core) i couldnt open EdBs inventory tab to see and the log came up saying something like it failed to recognize the object. I am not home so i cant get the error for you
Weird I am using EdB Interface at all times including me playing/testing with both mods always on and nothing of sorts happened to me =/
I just now went in game to make sure and still nothing, I could access inventory just fine and see all the objects, come back to me and tell me what it gives you, that would be very helpful :)

Also make sure you're using 1.2b and not 1.2 because in that one Vulcan cannon had a missing base graphic, which I corrected as soon as I could and updated the link a few days ago.

As for now I am working on something for longer range.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Marnador on January 27, 2015, 02:58:07 AM
Weird I am using EdB Interface at all times including me playing/testing with both mods always on and nothing of sorts happened to me =/
I just now went in game to make sure and still nothing, I could access inventory just fine and see all the objects, come back to me and tell me what it gives you, that would be very helpful :)

Also make sure you're using 1.2b and not 1.2 because in that one Vulcan cannon had a missing base graphic, which I corrected as soon as I could and updated the link a few days ago.

As for now I am working on something for longer range.

Ah might be my fault then ill get the new one then let you know and ya its the vulcan that causeing it i have 6 of them places (lags when they are powered btw) so ill see if downloading it helps
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Also a pulse cannon of sorts that needs to be manned like the mortar but it has a good hit chance and damage but crap for the time till you can shoot again. If that mad sense at all  ???

Marnador

Ah might be my fault then ill get the new one then let you know and ya its the vulcan that causeing it i have 6 of them places (lags when they are powered btw) so ill see if downloading it helps
Make sure to completely delete your current version of the mod just in case, and put in a fresh one see if it help

I also need someone else to confirm or deny those issues, that would be very helpful.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Marnador on January 27, 2015, 03:35:45 AM
Make sure to completely delete your current version of the mod just in case, and put in a fresh one see if it help

I also need someone else to confirm or deny those issues, that would be very helpful.
Yup deleted started a new colony (and the mod too) and it still wont load up the inventory i am no good at coding so i cant take a look :/

Marnador

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 27, 2015, 04:10:10 AM

Yup deleted started a new colony (and the mod too) and it still wont load up the inventory i am no good at coding so i cant take a look :/
Does is show anything in a debug window? take a screenshot of it does.
Try re downloading EdB as well and delete the old one.

Marnador

Marnador

Alright I don't want to spam my own mod topic but this is useful info.
I tracked one of the reasons the issue is caused by, it seems to be a problem with EdB and every time you leave an unfinished flooring the inventory fails, likely because flooring isn't a building nor an object yet you can select it while its under construction, so it sees it as something that isn't listed as a building or object thus causing it to fail, at least that's my theory.
I posted screenshots on EdB Interface mod topic.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Marnador on January 27, 2015, 04:45:44 AM

Silverrdragon found it. Its cause by unfinished flooring. I am sorry for accusing your mod :( Plz let me still use it :'( :'(

Marnador

Quote from: GiantCookieEater on January 27, 2015, 09:47:55 AM
Quote from: Marnador on January 27, 2015, 04:45:44 AM

Silverrdragon found it. Its cause by unfinished flooring. I am sorry for accusing your mod :( Plz let me still use it :'( :'(
Relax if you didn't do what you did I wouldn't have wasted 4 hours of my time to try and find whats causing it and posting the info on EdB Interface mod topic =p
At the end community benefits :)

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!