Categories inside thingdef CostList - possible?

Started by Telkir, January 22, 2015, 06:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telkir

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a building floor/terrain that can accept any flavour of stone block in its costlist, without having to edit or add definitions.

I know workbench recipes can accept categorydefs - in the above case I'd use "StoneBlocks" - but I can't seem to find if there's a similar method for CostLists.

(Sorry if this was asked already - did some searches and couldn't find anything.)

EDIT: For great clarity!

Shinzy

you mean like this?

<costStuffCount>8</costStuffCount>
    <stuffCategories>
      <li>Stony</li>
    </stuffCategories>

or did I not understand what you was asking? :-[

Rikiki

Look at the crematorium. It is exactly what you want! :)

Telkir

Yeah, ordinarily for a building that would work. I should have been more specific, sorry folks. :)

I'm trying to build floors / terrains without going down the road of full stuff-isation. Maybe though I can check Mr. ItchyFlea's awesome work to get some clues if that's the only way. :)

Tipx

Quote from: Rikiki on January 22, 2015, 08:27:54 AM
Look at the crematorium. It is exactly what you want! :)
That's great, thanks. Now... what if I wanted to say... "100 Steel, Any 5 items of category A and 5 items of category B". How would you do that?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Telkir on January 22, 2015, 08:43:50 AM
I'm trying to build floors / terrains without going down the road of full stuff-isation. Maybe though I can check Mr. ItchyFlea's awesome work to get some clues if that's the only way. :)
Unfortunately there isn't a way. As Tynan once said "How can a floor have a stuff, it's not a thing"
With the mod I made to make flooring use the stuff system, I basically made them into a building, using the edifice system so that other buildings can be placed on top, and restricting the placement so grass didn't grow over it.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created