[W - 250(-254b?)] Wierd weapon duplication...ish... bug.

Started by inSayne, November 10, 2013, 07:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inSayne

I've encoutered this in version 250, but haven't tested it on 254b yet. It's quite a while since I had this bug so I don't know everything exactly, but I figured I better just post it since it started with one bug, that revieled a lot of other bugs in some mechanics.

My settlement had a few colonists in it, but there's only 2 that matter, and I'll refer to them as Person 1 and Person 2.
It started when I ordered both person 1 and 2 to pick up guns from the same weapons rack. They arrived at the same time and somehow that bugged out. I ordered person 1 to pick up a m-16, and person 2 a different one. but person 2 suddenly also had a m-16 even though I only had 1 before and the weapon I ordered her to pick up was still there. I was rather happy, since it was at that point the best weapon I had.

Raiders came, I fended them off. I didn't know at that point why, but suddenly the same battle tactic I used everytime up till now without a single casualty caused a few of my colonists to hit eachother. So some time later I told person 1 to fire at a muffalo that had been eating my crops. However, when I recruited him, I couldn't fire... So I recruited person 2 and told her to fire on the muffalo.
Thats when the wierdness started... Even though I ordered person 2 to fire, person 1 begun aiming (the white loading thingy) and then fired... I told person 2 to stop, and person 1 stopped... So I started testing a few things out.
When either one of them didn't had a visual on the target, the game 'thought' the other one didn't either. So they could only shoot when the other person could also fire on the same target.
Eventualy I tried some ways of fixing it. Dropping the weapon on 1 person and picking it up, swapping the weapons around, dropping both and putting it in a rack, etc... in the end the bug stayed an I had somewhere around 4 m-16's... it started to reproduce!...
I figured that there was no way of realy using the weapon without it being bugged so when a trader came around I sold all of them. However, when I pressed 'sell' the weapon didn't dissapear from my rack or list to sell. I did get the money and the item was added to thier buy list.

There's also another bug I encountered with weapons, unrelated to this one. I accedently sold and bought the same pistol by clicking twice on the top item in the list, and may have sold the same pistol again or not (don't remember), but since that I couldn't pick up the pistol unless I was standing on top of it. when I tried putting it inside a rack, the colonist dropped it on the ground and couldn't pick it up again unless it stood on top of it.

anyway, thats some wierd ass bugs I found. hope my discription is understandable and usefull. I'm sorry about some parts that I can't recall completely, but most of those parts are easy to test. :)

Love the game, and hope my input helps the development!