[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 21, 2015, 05:48:42 PM
If you ignore the numbers, there's not much to be seen :P

Well, the idea is in the release version it'll just say "Suppressed" without the numbers. Those are just there to make it easier to see how much suppression is being dished out.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

notfood

Grogfeld

O CoooL suppression system was something I've been looking for!  Does it just lower aiming speed, or give also boost to hmm "defence" because suppressed pawn will hunker down?

LustrousWolf

I am using Apparello with combat realism, works fine no errors, but some clothing in Apparello give off a tiny armor buff, now this means any pawn with some clothes from Apparello with that tiny armor buff, always get bruised and seem to never get shot? not sure if this is intended to always bruise when being shot at but yeah, not sure if a patch could be made or change it so low armored clothing means it has a low percent chance to bruise and normally will hit the pawn and cause bleeding.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Grogfeld on September 22, 2015, 03:56:16 AM
O CoooL suppression system was something I've been looking for!  Does it just lower aiming speed, or give also boost to hmm "defence" because suppressed pawn will hunker down?

Right now pawns will dash for cover, then hunker down and not return fire at all. Assuming they have hard cover nearby hunkering will make them impossible to hit for the suppressor but it also means they're stuck and unable to return fire, so any other pawns are free to move about and flank the suppressed pawn. The amount of incoming fire a pawn can tolerate before being suppressed depends on his current mood and mental break threshold, so pawns with good morale will be harder to suppress. Also armor worn, maximum damage and armor penetration of a bullet are all factored in as well.

Quote from: LustrousWolf on September 22, 2015, 11:18:25 AM
I am using Apparello with combat realism, works find no errors, but some clothing in Apparello give off a tiny armor buff, now this means any pawn with some clothes from Apparello with that tiny armor buff, always get bruised and seem to never get shot? not sure if this is intended to always bruise when being shot at but yeah, not sure if a patch could be made or change it so low armored clothing means it has a low percent chance to bruise and normally will hit the pawn and cause bleeding.

Not sure what your problem seems to be but any apparel from other mods should be compatible with the new armor system out of the box. If a bullet is deflected because it cannot penetrate the target's armor it is supposed to cause bruising instead so unless you're getting sniper rifle shots deflected by a pair of fancy pants or something it would be working as intended.

AHare

How would one go about removing CR from their game and keeping an existing save non-corrupt? I tried it out for a bit and decided it's just not my thing, but the colony is actually doing pretty well compared to my others so I'd like to keep it. I get SquadBrain errors when unticking it from the Mods menu.

AllenWL

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 22, 2015, 03:02:22 PM
Quote from: Grogfeld on September 22, 2015, 03:56:16 AM

Right now pawns will dash for cover, then hunker down and not return fire at all. Assuming they have hard cover nearby hunkering will make them impossible to hit for the suppressor but it also means they're stuck and unable to return fire, so any other pawns are free to move about and flank the suppressed pawn. The amount of incoming fire a pawn can tolerate before being suppressed depends on his current mood and mental break threshold, so pawns with good morale will be harder to suppress. Also armor worn, maximum damage and armor penetration of a bullet are all factored in as well.
What about explosives such as grenades, inferno cannons, and mortar shells?

LustrousWolf

What I am saying is, it is only a tiny buff, so if a pawn is wearing a top from Apparello, and gets shot by a shotgun, it causes bruises or very minor bleeding injuries, but if the pawn is wearing an armor plate, and gets shot by a shotgun, it causes bruising and no bleeding injuries, should it not be that if its a tiny buff it would still cause bleeding, and then wearing the armored plate causes bruising?

Not sure what your problem seems to be but any apparel from other mods should be compatible with the new armor system out of the box. If a bullet is deflected because it cannot penetrate the target's armor it is supposed to cause bruising instead so unless you're getting sniper rifle shots deflected by a pair of fancy pants or something it would be working as intended.
[/quote]

FX2K

Quote from: Pirate on September 20, 2015, 03:55:08 AM
Quote from: Alistaire on September 20, 2015, 03:20:54 AM
It's not supposed to be compatible because Ninefinger doesn't have permission to use it along with a donation button.

Im talking about compatibility, not inclusion in the modpack.

And to make a mod like this only to have it played by very few people simply because it's incompatible with the most popular modpack seems kinda silly.

Quote from: Pirate on September 20, 2015, 01:56:47 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 20, 2015, 05:38:18 AM
While I am not against making compatibility patches with individual mods I do not have the time/inclination to maintain a patch for any modpacks...

Sad to see the root of all evil doing it's thing once again. Thanks for answering though.

Such a shame..  I wouldn't mind using this too but since its not allowed to be used with the UO mod pack, which is the only reason I really play rimworld atm, then I guess I never will be able to.  All because of a donation link which is clearly not asking for money for the work you do,  but donating for the effort that nine goes into to helping us non-techy folks out to make all these super cool mods work together and offer some balance too. 

I doubt many even bother or take a second look at the donate option for that matter, as is always the case with such things... it's not like the pack is behind a paywall.

Nevermind.. Just a shame is all.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: FX2K on September 23, 2015, 12:14:36 PM
All because of a donation link which is clearly not asking for money for the work you do

Uh-huh, you're not exactly donating rainbows and kisses, are you? The only reason to put up a paypal donation link is to make money, even Ninefinger himself was always clear about the purpose of it. Nevermind the fact that the lack of a patch is more down to the amount of effort required to maintain it and nobody, including Nine, being willing to invest that time.

Contrary to popular belief including options for stuff involves more than just snapping your fingers and have checkboxes automagically appear. It is a lot of work because more often than not it means twice the effort has to go into maintaining both versions. So if that means two mods are incompatible and people can't have both running together it may be unfortunate for the users but is ultimately a simple fact of life. Saying it is all because of some donation link is just plain silly.

FX2K

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 23, 2015, 01:18:52 PM
Quote from: FX2K on September 23, 2015, 12:14:36 PM
All because of a donation link which is clearly not asking for money for the work you do

Uh-huh, you're not exactly donating rainbows and kisses, are you? The only reason to put up a paypal donation link is to make money, even Ninefinger himself was always clear about the purpose of it. Nevermind the fact that the lack of a patch is more down to the amount of effort required to maintain it and nobody, including Nine, being willing to invest that time.

Of course it's to make money.. I meant that the link is in no way asking for money based on the work you have done for your mod... it's asking for money for the work he does allowing people like me to use it alongside heaps of other mods alongside the balance alterations and whatever else to make an awesome game experience... the final part of the puzzle for all the great mods out there, IMO.

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 23, 2015, 01:18:52 PM
Contrary to popular belief including options for stuff involves more than just snapping your fingers and have checkboxes automagically appear. It is a lot of work because more often than not it means twice the effort has to go into maintaining both versions. So if that means two mods are incompatible and people can't have both running together it may be unfortunate for the users but is ultimately a simple fact of life. Saying it is all because of some donation link is just plain silly.

Obviously a lot of work goes into it and obviously I can't speak for NF here, but it was part of the pack previously, meaning he obviously had done it before, so even if he wanted to do that as you put it "lot of work" he can't, because of a donation link.

Anyway, its your mod, it's entirely up to you.. I'm just saying it's a shame is all.
It looks like a decent mod, but guess I will never get to see, such is life.. I agree.

RemingtonRyder

If you want to create two instances of RimWorld, one to run a particular modpack, and one to run your own hand-picked set of mods, then you can. The command-line options to do that have been kicking around for a couple of alphas now.

Quote from: RimWorld readme fileOVERRIDING:
You can override the save data folder. This is useful, for example, if you want to install the game on a USB stick so you can plug and play it from anywhere.
To do this, add this to the end of the command line used to launch the game:

-savedatafolder C:/Path/To/The/Folder

So it'll look something like this:

C:/RimWorld/RimWorld.exe -savedatafolder C:/Path/To/The/Folder

If you don't start the path with anything, it'll be relative to the game's root folder. So you could do this, to have the game save data in a folder called SaveData in its own root folder:

-savedatafolder SaveData

Be sure the game is running with permission to modify the folder. It may not work properly if, for example, you run the game under default permissions on its own install folder.

To be clear, this means that you can have a folder called, for example,  'G:\RimAltSaveFolder' as the target, and RimWorld will create an entirely new Config, Saves and Worlds folders inside of that. If your RimWorld shortcut has -saveddatafolder G:\RimAltSaveFolder as a command-line option, it will launch that config and save folder. Since you can also just make another installation of RimWorld on your computer, you can switch between mod configs pretty damn easily.

Don't harass mod creators to make a compatibility patch or to let others do it.

Goldenpotatoes

Is there a way to disable reloading? I'm not really fond of the feature to begin with and it seems to break for some guns, leaving the colonist stuck in a daze about the concept of reloading, which makes it impossible for me to move them at all afterwards.

Jacksidious

Love this mod, so much fun. So happy to see it for alpha 12 now!

Thank you!

NoImageAvailable

Update

This is a fairly big update so let me just quote the changelog:

Additions
  • Added suppression mechanic
  • Added crafting recipees for armor vests and military helmets
  • Stuffified armor vest, it now comes in steel and plasteel varieties
  • Added new machine gunner type to pirate raiders which uses LMG
Balancing
  • Made reloading more forceful so should be interrupted less often
  • Removed reload times from neolithic weapons, increased refire rate as a result
  • Significantly increased conciousness penalties from blood loss
  • Increased the amount of vertical variation in gun aiming, cover should be much more useful now
  • Decreased fragment armor penetration
  • Rebalanced melee weapon armor penetration, different weapons now have different penetration levels, e.g. shiv penetrates less than longsword
  • Buffed power armor, military helmet, armor vest base deflection
  • Doubled move speed penalties of military helmet and armor vest
  • Added stat modifier to plasteel, it now improves sharp armor by 25%
  • Increased elite pirate combat power, rebalanced pirate type selection to use less elites, more gunners
  • Increased pirate gunner combat power and available weapon money, now you might actually see one of those fabled assault rifles
Fixes
  • Fixed incendiary and EMP mortar not working
  • Fixed issue with elite pirates spawning unarmed
  • Fixed an exploit where standing one tile away from cover would make enemies aim too low

I also updated the feature list with a short explanation of how the suppression mechanic works so check it out.

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on September 25, 2015, 08:25:58 AM
Is there a way to disable reloading? I'm not really fond of the feature to begin with and it seems to break for some guns, leaving the colonist stuck in a daze about the concept of reloading, which makes it impossible for me to move them at all afterwards.

You'd have to change the XML entries for all the guns to use Verb_ShootCR/Verb_ShootCRShotgun instead of Verb_ShootCRReload/Verb_ShootCRShotgunReload