[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackarbiter

Quote from: st james jack john on April 26, 2016, 11:43:34 AM
The new file 1.6.1 is not compatible or corrupt.

log showed a bunch of files and textures missing. I'm on alpha 13.

Works for me, what is your load order? Did you delete the old folder entirely?
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 26, 2016, 11:44:27 AM
Crashing on loading a save mod order (Output linked below):

Just looking over your mod order I can already see several issues. For one, you are loading both regular Rimfire and the CR version when you should only load one. You are also using the A12 version of BackstoriesCore and loading the CR EPOE patch before EPOE itself. Try fixing those issues and if the problem persists see about disabling a few mods at a time to narrow down which one is causing the issue.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

nuschler22

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 11:20:41 AM
Quote from: nuschler22 on April 26, 2016, 11:06:10 AM
Is this compatible with RimFire yet?

Thanks for the mod.  I always use it.

Thank you!
From latest update notes:
Rimfire patch: added new fragmentation grenade for RPG-7. You don't need to redownload the Rimfire patch, simply updating CR to 1.6.1 is enough

The patch is not official so not in the RimFire OP, it is available in this post:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg212677#msg212677

jackarbiter

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 26, 2016, 12:14:49 PMyou are loading both regular Rimfire and the CR version when you should only load one

Added a post to the rimfire thread in hopes of making this clear, I'd assumed it would be loaded like a patch as well.

25wes25

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 26, 2016, 12:14:49 PM
Just looking over your mod order I can already see several issues. For one, you are loading both regular Rimfire and the CR version when you should only load one. You are also using the A12 version of BackstoriesCore and loading the CR EPOE patch before EPOE itself. Try fixing those issues and if the problem persists see about disabling a few mods at a time to narrow down which one is causing the issue.
Huh, I thought the list was like Bethesda's use of ESM's and ESP's which over write so I assumed EPOE patch overwrites EPOE enabling the patch. Plus i thought Rimfire's CR was a patch, not a stand alone version. As for backstories well I'm looking at the download and it's from April 16th haha not really sure how I goofed that one. Thanks for the quick reply, hopefully it's just order issues and not mod incompatibilities. The weird part is I get no errors in the console, and am able to load saves up till a random point with the current mod order.

jackarbiter

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 26, 2016, 12:24:51 PM
Huh, I thought the list was like Bethesda's use of ESM's and ESP's which over write
It's like using mod organizer (where you define orders of textures/esps) rather than like installing mods manually. In rimworld, tick them in order in the mods menu in the main menu of the game, they'll number themselves in the order that you tick them. Make sure to restart the game after opening the mods menu.

(Or use EDB Mod Order)

\/ Yeah, I get what you mean, just being a busybody. I'd post this as a reply but I don't want to spam noimage's thread. \/

25wes25

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 26, 2016, 12:30:37 PM
It's like using mod organizer (where you define orders of textures/esps) rather than like installing mods manually. In rimworld, tick them in order in the mods menu in the main menu of the game, they'll number themselves in the order that you tick them. Make sure to restart the game after opening the mods menu.
Yeah I understand that, It's just a little bit different than Bethesda's setup where any mod 'core' goes above anything else related to that mod, while anything affecting that core goes above not below. For example a patch would be above either 2 core mods or between them, never after since they overwrite the cores when they build.

itwasntmeright

I could reproduce following bug:
The GUI just disappears if I click "B" with a pawn selected and then drop the gun of the pawn (while the mouse cursor is still in "choose target mode")

st james jack john

Still cant load the mod. Tried everything. Here's the log.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Grogfeld

I'm just testing 1.6.1 ver. and its working fine, there are notifications for no sound files but no problems in game.

I like the loadout tab but have some observations. I've created load for early hunter with bow and arrows and gave it 30 arrows to carry but when pawn go hunting he constantly returns to refill ammo every time he reloads so maybe give a timer to check loadout or some conditions like "have no more then 100 and no less then 30". Now it's OK if you create emergency loadout.

I also have no interactions tab but it could be issue of mod order.

jackarbiter

Quote from: st james jack john on April 26, 2016, 12:46:23 PM

May not be the reason, but it says in your log: Community Core Library, Version=0.13.0.0

The latest version is 0.13.1, but I'm not familiar enough with this to say how it'd show up in the log.

carpediembr

Amazing job !

Just tested, had no issue, even loading several other mods altogether.

I have one question and one feedback:
Question: Is ALL turrets disabled on this alpha release? (Cant seem to find the regular vanilla turret)
Feedback: (I think I read before, but...)  Requirements for ammo/weapons crafting is pretty low. Dont know what is the roadmap, but I'd suggest adding new ores, such as potassium and sulfur so we could craft gunpowder in order to make ammo.

jackarbiter

Quote from: carpediembr on April 26, 2016, 01:09:00 PM
Question: Is ALL turrets disabled on this alpha release? (Cant seem to find the regular vanilla turret)
The vanilla turret is disabled at the moment.
Feedback: (I think I read before, but...)  Requirements for ammo/weapons crafting is pretty low. Dont know what is the roadmap, but I'd suggest adding new ores, such as potassium and sulfur so we could craft gunpowder in order to make ammo.
Quote from NoImage:

QuoteThe recipes were calculated under the assumption that 1 steel = 1 kg with 50% waste on top. The reason it seems wacky compared to guns is because they are wacky in the base game. Compare a steel wall (costs 5 steel) to an armor vest (120 steel) and you'll realize you're wearing enough material to make a small building.

Right now I set the steel requirements for ammo pretty low because I wasn't sure how much ammo you actually go through in your average firefight. This should be easier to track now and playtesting will show how much ammo cost is reasonable.

I've wondered if we couldn't have sulfur in the game. My personal opinion is that it starts to get too complicated when you start adding more ores and such. I wouldn't mind having to use some of the exploding flower stuff to make ammo, but the temperature range thing would make it hard to make any ammo in some climates without also having the solar flare shield mod. As a compromise I suppose you could spin "compacted components" as having tiny bits of crushed batteries or summat, and put them in recipe lists for ammo, but that's sortof hacky I guess.

Sorry to keep showing up in this thread, just figured since I'm keeping up with stuff I can maybe help reduce the tech support load during these initial stages.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: st james jack john on April 26, 2016, 12:46:23 PM

What does your load order look like? From the output_log I'm guessing you're missing CCL or put it below CR somehow.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."