Balance issues with trade ships

Started by Cato1001, November 10, 2013, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cato1001

I am on day 90 of my newest Rimworld colony, and I think I have experienced an annoying balance issue... Since the beginning of the colony I have had over 30 farming vessels, 15 industrial traders, and over 20 combat suppliers, but I have only had one slave trader of the entire 90 day experience...
   I think it might help if you made it so that say every 4 ships that pass by must contain one of each type of vessel, so the all ships come multiple times and there isn't an imbalance like the one I experienced.

Lechai

what AI were you using?
I've been playing for just as long on randy and gotten a fairly even spread of all ships

ShadowDragon8685

That's usually an artifact of having too many colonists.

I'm on 0.254b and I haven't seen a single mining ship, though. Do they still exist in this version of the game?
Raiders must die!

Zorbane

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 10, 2013, 11:38:26 PM
That's usually an artifact of having too many colonists.

I'm on 0.254b and I haven't seen a single mining ship, though. Do they still exist in this version of the game?

Do you mean industrial traders?  I get plenty of these

Tynan

This isn't a bug, it's just the storyteller adapting against your population.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Lowdekay

So i've been playing for some days now, building a nice base but at some point i noticed that my colony won't grow anymore!
I am at day 194 and it's been at least 70 days without me recrouting someone. In detail: No slaveship, no trespassers, no crashed survivors and no one joining me randomly. The weirdest thing is: I was not able to capture a single Raider! (There are always at least 30 of them, i mow them down with Turrets and Blastingcharges and melee attack the surving 7-9 people) the raiders always die and noone survives!

I know it is supposed to become harder and harder but this is more boring then difficult (currently playing with the AI that has been introduced in 254)

So can you tell me: is it a bug or supposed to be this way?

Thanks for every answer
(I could also use some help with getting ahold of all these corpses)

Kender

If you are playing the latest (v0.254b) Randy Random game, then it could be a bug.

If in other AI narrative choices, there is a cap in this game limits how many colonist you can get.

As for corpses, for now you can always burn them. Any kind of fire will do. : p
If you are lazy, place a charge in the middle of them, then boom!...
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

Lowdekay

Oh really?
But i got only like... 7 or something.
Not playing Randy

mumblemumble

Just fyi there is a bug section.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.