(mod request) dynamic economy

Started by popsch, January 30, 2015, 11:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsch

Hi,

Currently the traders are all benevolent, keeping their prices steady all the time. A more dynamic economy would make it more interesting:

• food and clothing prices in winter should be twice as much (though you shouldn't be able to buy in summer and sell in winter with a profit)
  • the base price should scale with the number of colonists (e.g., factor of 1.07^#colonists)
  • the price of medicine and bionics should scale with the number of injured colonists
  • the price of guns should scale with the number of hostile factions (the more hostile, the higher the sell price and the lower the buy price, because of abundance of cheap crap, but need for doomsday launchers)
  • the price of stones, iron, etc should scale with the number of remaining mineable spots on the map

These are just some ideas. It would be great to have a mod like that.

Gaesatae

Quote from: popsch on January 30, 2015, 11:48:53 AM
food and clothing prices in winter should be twice as much (though you shouldn't be able to buy in summer and sell in winter with a profit)

Technically speaking, from a space trader point of view, there will be no winter or summer. In your hemisphere it will be summer and on the other, winter. :P

I'd love to see some changes in the economy too.

Boboid

While that's technically true I think they'd have to be a pretty poor space trader to view it that way.

People are fond of the axiom " Supply and Demand"
But I prefer " Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it"

If you were that space trader you'd be able to take advantage of seasonal changes and exploit them by simply stocking up on goods that're in high demand during winter months on various planets given that the amount of traders any given planet gets seems to be too low to create a stable economy :)
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever