[Mod Request] Scar Removal

Started by Facepunch, January 30, 2015, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facepunch

What the title says. It's annoying as hell to get a torso scar, seeing as there isn't a mod under the sun that can fix that. I can deal with an eye scar, a scar on any limbs, even a brain scar (Cybernetics saved me :>), but not a bloody torso scar.

Boboid

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing some torso-love in some of the medical oriented mods.

Ontop of being genuinely annoying and a pretty significant penalty given the massive hit chance on torsos - Torso scars just make no sense.. Shattered ribs, damaged organs, spinal damage, sure, but "Torso Scar"? What part about a " Scarred Torso " lowers its structural integrity that much?
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Facepunch

Exactly what's bothering me. If I get shot in the torso, I'm not going to walk away with a "Torso scar", Im going to either die a messy and brutal death, or walk away with organ damages. Or both. But as far as torso scarring goes, I'll have a mark on my chest or wherever I was shot, with no overall change to the integrity of my body because of it.

Boboid

I mean there are quite a lot of muscles and joints in your torso that can impede your mobility when damage and the human body seldom heals -immediately- to the original state, but that's not how it's represented in game.

Instead it's just viewed as a more fragile body part, which doesn't feel right
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Facepunch

Yeah. The muscles and joints thing doesn't overly apply to gunshot wounds, as they affect a relatively small area. You can still get a lucky shot and mess someone's muscles up, but that's pretty unlikely. If you were to start clubbing or cutting people, though, then there's a good chance to slash some of the more vital nerves that control the muscles in your torso (Theres a whole bunch of them not far off from your liver, cut those and you can't feel anything below the ribs and above the waist). But, like you said, it's making the part more fragile really doesn't ring quite right.

Ronin90

Actually, there is already a mod that allows you to do this, it has a slight side effect though  :D
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8848.0;
"Note: Repairing Torso will throw out all addons, and somehow regrow(?!) all missing parts. This effect is not intended but I'm not complaining."

Facepunch

Yeah, that works by running a Restorebodypart or whatever it is, on the torso. Everything (Head, arms, legs, organs) are attatched to the torso, and therefore are also refreshed. Removing any wounds, and any installed bionics. That isn't an option for my sniper, really, seeing as I have over 60K in cybernetics (Cybernetics mod) installed on him.