[mod update request] Horrors mod

Started by kizzycocoa, October 19, 2018, 04:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizzycocoa

I've been hoping and waiting for an update to the A17 Horrors mod, but it hasn't been updated at all.
The Horrors mod is a mixture of alien infestation and the arachnophobia mod, alongside some additional features like a faction, apparel etc.

It's main draw is it essentially creates hives of monstrous web-spinning creatures, in what I would describe as viscerally visually appealing. The nests look like something out of Alien, like an entirely different landscape.

Would anyone be willing to have a punt at updating it to 1.0?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=822995067

kizzycocoa

I have, but the Horrors mod is more than just random mobs of cthulhu creatures. It is an entire hive similar to the insects, mixed with the Arachnophobia mod and overall just looks more like an infestation.

It's a lot more immersive and feels more dangerous overall to have a webbed/egged up nook of the map, waiting to snatch up and consume any colonists whom dare get close. It makes your skin crawl to see a proper infestation of eldritch creatures, like the Horror mod provides. The Cosmic Horror mod is basically a reskinned set of manhunter events, with the neat special effect of making the Star Vampires invisible.