[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polis27

I got a few question and I will be off.
1. What program you use to compile C code to dll file?
2. Can you explain what these method do?
i.    public override void Destroy(DestroyMode mode = 0)
ii.   public override void Draw()
iii.  public void DrawDynamicScanRangeAndScanRay()
iv.  public void DrawMaxScanRange()
v.   public void DrawSatelliteDish()
vi.  public void DrawScanSpotOnThingsWithinScanRange(ThingDef thingDefParameter)
vii. public override void ExposeData()

Rikiki

Quote1. What program you use to compile C code to dll file?
Please see this message about compilation or Haplo's dll tutorial. I began modding Rimworld with it!
Quote2. Can you explain what these method do?
i.    public override void Destroy(DestroyMode mode = 0)
ii.   public override void Draw()
iii.  public void DrawDynamicScanRangeAndScanRay()
iv.  public void DrawMaxScanRange()
v.   public void DrawSatelliteDish()
vi.  public void DrawScanSpotOnThingsWithinScanRange(ThingDef thingDefParameter)
vii. public override void ExposeData()
I believe the names are quite self-explanatory for most of them! :P

Those functions are part of Rimworld core:
Destroy => called when an object is destroyed (killed, deconstructed, vanish...)
Draw => called every time the screen is refreshed so... basically at 60 Hz.
ExposeData => called whenever the game saves/loads a savegame. Used to stored instance data (current scan range, scan progress... in this case).

Those ones are specific to the sonar mod:
DrawDynamicScanRangeAndScanRay => draws the sonar green effect when selected (like in a submarine! ;D )
DrawMaxScanRange => draws a sonar max scan range... oh really?
DrawSatelliteDish => draws the satellite dish... >:( OK, I stop those jokes. If you look carefully in the mod folders, the sonar base texture does not embbed any dish. This function draws it dynamically (it rotates over time).
DrawScanSpotOnThingsWithinScanRange => draws some remanent fading green spots on detected metallic objects.

I hope it is clearer for you! :) If you need more details, please consider private messages. Most users don't want this kind of details... ;)

Hayhorse

If its possible, could you move your download links to dropbox? I dont like the sites that are covered in ads that may or may not be viruses.

Edit: It would seem that the outposts, after killing anything (assuming hostiles that are alive spawned inside it) inside, can not be claimed. I would have to go and shoot everything until they are destroyed and rebuild the whole base. Is there a dev mode command that force claims objects?

radioactive science

wait where are the M&Co. factions? if there's a outpost then there's a factions. MMMMMPPPPPPPHHHHHH!; WHY DOES IT NEED TO BE HARD?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

[NOPE; THIS PART IS NOT ALLOWED]

every freaking time...                         

MY COLONIST DIED.I WANT YOU TO UPDATE THIS: forbid colonist from coming in the outpost.  BECAUSE OF IT EVERY ONE DIED. (I can't do anything but to BARGE INTO THE CONTROL ROOM but before that I destroy everything!!) >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

always prepare yourself from raids!

Jdalt40

Hey just wondering but is the laser fence able to go through walls (Not realistic at all)? If not, are you able to add a wall which allows this (Glass,Invisible wall, Etc)?

Rikiki

@Hayhorse: 1) There is a download link in the first post which contains all M&Co. mods on dropbox. ;)
I am progressively getting rid of Sendspace as it is confusing and reported as containing viruses by Chrome.

2) Can you describe what you did and what are the hostiles you talk about please? Did you triggered M&Co. security patrol? Or did some pirates dropped in the oupost?
The outpost can be claimed once you have hacked or destroyed the outpost command console.

@fastrunner: in next update, doors will be forbidden by default so colonists don't go wandering into the outpost.
M&Co. is an interstellar mining corporation so why would there be a faction on this planet?

This mod is not especially hard (I find it too easy at beginning in fact... :P ). Just don't rush the outpost as you don't rush ancient crypts. Moreover, you are warned several times by Coralie before any "incident" occurs!

@Joshy1111: I don't really see the point of having such kind of wall. Plus it may be too exploitable and hard to implement.
What have you in mind? ???

Jan2607

Hello Rikiki,

I've found a Compact autonomous generator in the outpost. It would be really nice if I could build this power source :)

Grimandevil

Quote from: LustrousWolf on November 03, 2015, 04:08:57 PM
         detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableCopper"));
         detectedDefList.Add(ThingDef.Named("MineableAluminium"));

I added copper and aluminium, so if I have M&co MMS under Industrialization it will work? Or is it not that simple?
so, did it work?
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Plasmatic

Without any real modding knowledge would it be possible for me to make the force fields extend away from the building one more square? that way I can fit a wall in between that will be shielded..

Rikiki

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 16, 2016, 12:36:33 PM
Without any real modding knowledge would it be possible for me to make the force fields extend away from the building one more square? that way I can fit a wall in between that will be shielded..
Mmh ???, it may be possible but you need to...

• understand my code,
  • correctly modify it,
  • compile the dll and place it in the right folder.

Anyway, the graphic part is independant from the shield mechanism and I fear the result would be ugly...
Good luck if you jump into this! :)

Plasmatic

Quote from: Rikiki on January 16, 2016, 05:25:52 PM
Quote from: Plasmatic on January 16, 2016, 12:36:33 PM
Mmh ???, it may be possible but you need to...

• understand my code,
  • correctly modify it,
  • compile the dll and place it in the right folder.

Anyway, the graphic part is independant from the shield mechanism and I fear the result would be ugly...
Good luck if you jump into this! :)

Haha thats a no then :D

I wouldn't know where to start decompiling or compiling dll's

easier xml files I can modify mostly.. like the thingdefs.. but dll's is far beyond me I'm afraid..

I just want to put the building behind my embrasure and have it shield the embrasure and itself :)

Rikiki

I see what you want to do but for aesthetic design and balance reasons, I wanted to limit the protected area. :)
Original idea comes from here.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Rikiki on January 17, 2016, 04:09:31 PM
I see what you want to do but for aesthetic design and balance reasons, I wanted to limit the protected area. :)
Original idea comes from here.

Yea, I understand, it's ok :) I'll have to adapt, maybe put it outside the embrasure :)

Reason I wanted it inside is because I usually end up playing in a cold area, so I'd like the embrasures to be indoors so my colonists don't freeze to death while defending the colony :)

Thanks for the shields tho, They are a wonderful thing when the mechs come :)

Grimandevil

Quote from: Plasmatic on January 18, 2016, 08:42:26 AM
Reason I wanted it inside is because I usually end up playing in a cold area, so I'd like the embrasures to be indoors so my colonists don't freeze to death while defending the colony
use it as a part of wall then, it will count as solid wall.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

Faythe

Heya. Just want to say I love your mod.  I just wanted to point out a small error I was getting with the mod installed and I am fairly certain it is with your mod and not others cause it appears on the uninstalled MMS.

That was what I got when I uninstalled it to move it locations.