The Drunkard's Tavern.

Started by Yarkista, September 18, 2013, 05:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToXeye

Quote from: Hypolite on September 25, 2013, 06:19:13 PM
In Tropico, the time scale based on months makes it much more interesting, with an aging population that needs fresh blood every now and then.
Whaat... are they vampires?
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

harpo99999

yes they ARE tropical vampires that LIKE tropical sunlight and fresh blood ;D

ToXeye

Is there an Insane Hermit Cavern somewhere? Woops, that's my house.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

joshwoo69

Quote from: harpo99999 on November 09, 2014, 06:39:57 AM
Alcohol anyone?
Xkcding.

Justin C

Quote from: joshwoo69 on November 16, 2014, 06:34:27 AM
Alcohol anyone?
Xkcding.

I've been trying to find the Ballmer Peak for almost a decade. Alcohol tends to completely eliminate my motivation when I am programming. I usually just decide to go do something else.

hyperkiller

Quote from: Yarkista on September 18, 2013, 05:34:51 PM
Do we have alcohol in space?
Isnt that why there ship crashed? lol haha

putsam

Captain poured whiskey on the navigation Dies:)

Syvera

Quote from: Justin C on December 02, 2014, 09:39:45 PM
Quote from: joshwoo69 on November 16, 2014, 06:34:27 AM
Alcohol anyone?
Xkcding.

I've been trying to find the Ballmer Peak for almost a decade. Alcohol tends to completely eliminate my motivation when I am programming. I usually just decide to go do something else.

I found it, once. At least for me. Happened one night when I was on Second Life doing LSL scriptwork. I was doing jager bombs that night, and had started at about 7:30 pm, and at about 11:45 pm or so I decided to make a whole new flight core script there that turned out to be pure gold. Shame I wasn't keeping decent track of my intoxication level. x.x

Coenmcj

QuoteJan 22
Added hops, brewing and beer. Started work on intoxication, addiction.

The drunkard's Tavern is about to get some new patrons I reckon...
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

TheNewTeddy

Quote from: Tynan on September 18, 2013, 05:32:37 PM
Bonus points if you're actually drunk while writing in this thread.

Can I get half points for actually drinking ATM?

Also hi, I'm Teddy! I'm addicted to RimWorld now I think. I need help.

*drink*
Oh nevermind, I found some.
sig

Vagabond

Hey!

Something my mom put on the TV at my folk's yearly St. Patty's Day party where we drank copious amounts of Guinness and Jameson.

The uproar this caused...I'm just glad I wasn't the only one to snort up alcohol out of my nose.

Enjoy,
Michael

P.S: For those who've seen this, don't shoot me. With as much as I'm online, I'm pretty much out of the loop on anything not relating to the games I play.

Havan_IronOak

I just started playing RimWorld recently but a big part of the fascination for me is getting the storage areas tuned, the work areas efficiently laid-out and the pawn programmed as to their duties so that I can intervene less and less. 

I was wondering if other found these aspects appealing and of those who do, how many of you have programmed your Real Life along the same lines. I know that I have direct deposit, all my payments are pre-programmed, all internet purchases go to a credit card that is paid automatically,  I write perhaps 2 or three checks a year, if that. My investment account has a proprogrammed transfer. Several of my stock positions have limit orders that are automated to increase automatically as well.  Ideally my whole financial life is on auto-pilot except when I occasionally have to intervene.

AllenWL

Me and a few people are doing a rimworld succession game, and a once, the colonist named after me decided to go off on a drunken binge right when the others where fighting a crashed ship part.

That said, I find beer to be a important part of any rimworld colony. It's always nice to have a brawler cook armed with a beer bottle guarding the kitchen.

Regret

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on April 08, 2015, 09:29:48 AM
I just started playing RimWorld recently but a big part of the fascination for me is getting the storage areas tuned, the work areas efficiently laid-out and the pawn programmed as to their duties so that I can intervene less and less. 

I was wondering if other found these aspects appealing and of those who do, how many of you have programmed your Real Life along the same lines. I know that I have direct deposit, all my payments are pre-programmed, all internet purchases go to a credit card that is paid automatically,  I write perhaps 2 or three checks a year, if that. My investment account has a proprogrammed transfer. Several of my stock positions have limit orders that are automated to increase automatically as well.  Ideally my whole financial life is on auto-pilot except when I occasionally have to intervene.
Now all you need is automated responses for your various communication methods and no-one will notice if you die!

Blizz

Drunk Blizz County reporting for duty, what's up?

Quote from: AllenWL on May 09, 2015, 08:41:38 PM
Me and a few people are doing a rimworld succession game, and a once, the colonist named after me decided to go off on a drunken binge right when the others where fighting a crashed ship part.

That said, I find beer to be a important part of any rimworld colony. It's always nice to have a brawler cook armed with a beer bottle guarding the kitchen.

Dangit. I have the best idea. People should be able to drink beer in this game for a slight anger and strength bump, break the bottle on someone's head, and use the broken bottle as a melee weapon.

Is that a good idea? Or am I just too gone?