[A13] [OVERHAUL] [WIP] Rimworld Ascension v1.0.1 (23.04.16)

Started by Wivex, May 22, 2016, 07:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wivex

Bad weapon tags for my weapons, i guess. They correlate with some vanilla guns. i'll fix that.

Fridolin

Quote from: SmartererThanYou on May 23, 2016, 05:34:44 PM
I have an issue. (If you need more information please ask) You can probably see that all of the HUD is gone. This seems to happen at random, after blueprints of beds are placed. The game looks like it crashes but sends out no crash log.

TL;DR
The game freezes, and the HUD disappears. No crash log.

EDIT: I'll try to do a full reinstall

EDIT x2: It has seemed to fix the game freezing, but the HUD still disappears. I can still pan the camera around but I have no control of game speed or selections

Same here. Found no reply to the answer.

Wivex

Kolljak

Yeah this is nice i dont intend to bring EONS up to working order until Full release on steam.

cooks

Quote from: Fridolin on May 26, 2016, 10:21:57 AM
Quote from: SmartererThanYou on May 23, 2016, 05:34:44 PM
I have an issue. (If you need more information please ask) You can probably see that all of the HUD is gone. This seems to happen at random, after blueprints of beds are placed. The game looks like it crashes but sends out no crash log.

TL;DR
The game freezes, and the HUD disappears. No crash log.

EDIT: I'll try to do a full reinstall

EDIT x2: It has seemed to fix the game freezing, but the HUD still disappears. I can still pan the camera around but I have no control of game speed or selections

Same here. Found no reply to the answer.

Same here, Made me give up the mod after too many unfortunate crashes.
Looking forward to the mod thou !

Fridolin

Quote from: Wivex on May 26, 2016, 11:23:44 AM
Well, i've said i'll fix that.

Then I did not read accurately. I do not wanted to stress you too

still would love to play with this mod. the first minutes...awesome...

LouisTBR

Ok, this is pretty good! Some changes you should definitely consider implementing:

Spelling - 'Cheepest' was a notable one (Hay Floor Description) and more

Obviousness - I had to think hard about hay. My colonists were injured, and I had no means of producing beds due to there being no hay. It wasn't until one had died that I discovered that grass harvested it. It would be helpful if the grass was renamed 'Haygrass' in the bottom left, and in the Research tab it clearly describes how to obtain hay.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Wivex

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on May 26, 2016, 03:18:14 PM
Spelling - 'Cheepest' was a notable one (Hay Floor Description) and more

I'm not a native english speaker and wasn't paying much attention to the descriptions yet, so yes, that would require some proper work. Good thing is i'm finding more and more people to help me doing that.

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on May 26, 2016, 03:18:14 PM
Obviousness - I had to think hard about hay. My colonists were injured, and I had no means of producing beds due to there being no hay. It wasn't until one had died that I discovered that grass harvested it. It would be helpful if the grass was renamed 'Haygrass' in the bottom left, and in the Research tab it clearly describes how to obtain hay.

it's just a lack of proper game tips (i'll make a hide bed not require tannery to be made to compensate the lack of grass in extreme biomes. But still have no good solution for survival in such situation anyway).

LouisTBR

You say you're looking for people to write descriptions? I could help, if you wish
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Wivex

No, that would be too small contribution to bother about, sorry. But you could suggest changes to any existig descriptions or text parts when they are ready. It's too early to worry about those atm, since you don't see the whole picture and real purpose of things anyway. Just be patient.  ;)

LouisTBR

slamo

Awesome mod. I am looking forward to this.

Do you want bug reports here or on Slack or Github?

Cannot load world/select new colony location after disabling RA. I've deleted the mod file and still no go. Going to try to reinstall A13 now. RA is the only mod present, only mod I've run.

Wivex

Quote from: slamo on May 26, 2016, 04:38:41 PM
Do you want bug reports here or on Slack or Github?

Better post it here for now, since i'm not ready to accept community bug reports on git yet.

Quote from: slamo on May 26, 2016, 04:38:41 PM
Cannot load world/select new colony location after disabling RA. I've deleted the mod file and still no go. Going to try to reinstall A13 now. RA is the only mod present, only mod I've run.

This problem caused by detouring (which allows to change methods in vanilla). CCL prompts a message in such cases to reload the game. I recommend the same. There is no other workaround.

P.S. Our dev team is starting to take a good shape, so i raise my expectations about the future of this mod with each new day.

aenariel

Looking great so far, will definitely be following this mod's development.

1 thing though:

- I understand the concept for beds you're using but getting rid of the "sleeping spot" might not be such a good idea. As Louis above, I too took a while to find out how to get hay to make beds. Allowing laying down sleeping spots instead of having to make beds would help save colonists' lives in the very beginning. :)

Wivex

Quote from: aenariel on May 27, 2016, 08:41:15 AM
- I understand the concept for beds you're using but getting rid of the "sleeping spot" might not be such a good idea.

Sleeping spots are actually a cheesy way to order pawns where to sleep, which i don't like as a concept, since i try to avoid making direct control available anywhere except combat (if pawns have no proper beds, they are smart enough to choose a place themselves). I'll make it clear for the beginners how to make those beds though, as well as tutor info about other game features.