Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supert

If wild animal started to hunt colonist, there is should be the message about manhunt.

Jonofwrath

Start Migration:

Allows you to leave your current area, take a number of items, your animals etc, and migrate to a new area - perhaps within a radius of your starting point.

This would allow you to move all over the world map (eventually).

Basically, 'Start Migration' takes you to a the world map screen when you choose your new settlement, then 'choose items to take' screen and bosh - it's like a new start but with your current villagers, animals, items (more or less).

Doable in an afternoon? Maybe?

hwfanatic

Add a tiny % for pawns to get injured while butchering, inversely proportional to their skill.

Reviire

A tool to designate high priority. Any jobs designated with this will be done first over nearly everything, except firefighting and rescuing. I have different manual priorities for all my pawns, but sometimes i need them all to work on this one specific thing and get it done ASAP, and it'd be much less of a chore to just be able to designate it all as high priority, rather than manually doing it every time they finish one wall and go to do something else.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

mumblemumble

Mental break : Workoholic binge

Pawn breaks and ignores all needs (food, sleep, temperature, ect) and does any tasks they can at a boosted rate of efficiency. Will occasionally disregard work priorities and do forbidden jobs, if there's no jobs available.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

MuffaloSoldier

Stressed colonists with bonded animals (pets) should take a walk with them or play fetch.

mumblemumble

Colony death end event : Looters

Only occurs if colony has died. People come by, pick through the ruins, hanging out, and taking what they want off the remains of the colony
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Reviire

Quote from: mumblemumble on July 22, 2016, 06:37:46 AM

Only occurs if colony has died. People come by, pick through the ruins, hanging out, and taking what they want off the remains of the colony
If the colony has died, what's the point of an event that only triggers during that? The games over, ggwp.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Dspendragon

Penguins In the ice Sheets! hunt for meat and Penguin's leather. ;D ;D :o
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

mumblemumble

Quote from: Reviire on July 22, 2016, 07:29:36 AM
Quote from: mumblemumble on July 22, 2016, 06:37:46 AM

If the colony has died, what's the point of an event that only triggers during that? The games over, ggwp.
You saying you never watched a colony post failure?... I have. This would be relatively simple to code since thievery is a thing now, and would be a cool touch.

-----

SpaceDorf

Move the "ground info" from the lower left to the upper right
so it is not blocked by the architect overview when building things out of stuff :)
( or other info windows )
It is really anoying
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

renagirl9

I am really happy to see gay characters in the game, but as a bi woman, I'd really also like to see at least some of the characters be bi, or ace, or anything like that. Can that be done easily?

DariusWolfe

Quote from: renagirl9 on July 22, 2016, 09:14:37 PM
I am really happy to see gay characters in the game, but as a bi woman, I'd really also like to see at least some of the characters be bi, or ace, or anything like that. Can that be done easily?

There's a big topic on this right now. I don't know that I'd recommend reading it, though. There's a... Mix of different opinions. Tynan hasn't weighed in on the topic, but I really hope he's receptive.

SpaceDorf

And since he put the trait in the game, my guess would be he is not against it.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

b0rsuk

"Allow enemy factions" - a checkbox on graves. I like to bury corpses of my allies but enemies can rot in the field and feed their eyeballs to ravens.