1.0.1970 Engine Failing to create New Colony map.

Started by jcapp, July 20, 2018, 01:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcapp

After the latest patch when i create a new colony, select the pawns and it tries to generate the map the debug console displays an error and exits back to the main menu.

The general error text is "Failed to find all necessary river flow data."

This happened with multiple seeds, but each time the starting tile selected was temperate forest, mountainous, large river.

[attachment deleted due to age]

jcapp

Scratch the river thing, it is throwing errors and not creating on any tile i select. So currently i can't create a new colony.
Verified steam files, no change.
Also happens on both the default and larger medium play/colony maps.

Canute

Hi,
did you maybe try to start an old scenario from B18 ?

jcapp

Yeah that was it, Thanks!
I had a custom Rich Explorer scenario, and just re-editing the base scenario to update it makes it work fine.

jcapp

Still seems to be something a little off about custom scenarios.
After i re-edited it to be a 1.0.1970 scenario it worked initially, went back to make some edits i forgot and it started throwing Memory Leak detected errors on generation of the new map and i had to remake the custom scenario again.

Attached is another error log.

I had both saved separately and overwritten the b18 Scenario So i had two saved scenarios with the same name. So its possible i was loading up the overwritten B18 scenario and the problem was in the overwrite process, even though the version number had changed.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Illusion Distort

Loaded file (Scenario) is from version 0.18.1722 rev1198, we are running version 1.0.1970 rev1260.
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:58)
Verse.ScribeMetaHeaderUtility:LoadGameDataHeader(ScribeHeaderMode, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\Scribe\ScribeMetaHeaderUtility.cs:86)
Verse.GameDataSaveLoader:TryLoadScenario(String, ScenarioCategory, Scenario&) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\GameDataSaveLoader.cs:75)
RimWorld.ScenarioFiles:RecacheData() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Scenario\ScenarioLister\ScenarioFiles.cs:44)
RimWorld.ScenarioLister:RecacheData() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Scenario\ScenarioLister\ScenarioLister.cs:93)
RimWorld.ScenarioLister:RecacheIfDirty() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Scenario\ScenarioLister\ScenarioLister.cs:84)
RimWorld.<ScenariosInCategory>c__Iterator1:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Scenario\ScenarioLister\ScenarioLister.cs:35)
System.Linq.Enumerable:FirstOrDefault(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.Page_SelectScenario:EnsureValidSelection() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Entry\Page_SelectScenario.cs:265)
RimWorld.Page_SelectScenario:PreOpen() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Entry\Page_SelectScenario.cs:38)
Verse.WindowStack:Add(Window) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\WindowStack.cs:339)
RimWorld.MainMenuDrawer:<DoMainMenuControls>m__1() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Entry\MainMenuDrawer.cs:133)
Verse.ListableOption:DrawOption(Vector2, Single) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Utility\OptionListingUtility.cs:35)
Verse.OptionListingUtility:DrawOptionListing(Rect, List`1) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Utility\OptionListingUtility.cs:127)
RimWorld.MainMenuDrawer:DoMainMenuControls(Rect, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Entry\MainMenuDrawer.cs:226)
RimWorld.MainMenuDrawer:MainMenuOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Entry\MainMenuDrawer.cs:102)
Verse.UIRoot_Entry:DoMainMenu() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Entry\UIRoot_Entry.cs:125)
Verse.UIRoot_Entry:UIRootOnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Entry\UIRoot_Entry.cs:66)
Verse.Root:OnGUI() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:164)

(Filename: C:/Dev/RimWorld/Assets/Scripts/Verse/Utility/Debug/Log/Log.cs Line: 58)

Memory leak detected: map (Map-0) is still live when it shouldn't be; this map will not be mentioned again. For more info set MemoryTrackerMarkup.enableMemoryTracker to true and use "Object Hold Paths"->Map debug option.
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:68)
Verse.Profile.MapLeakTracker:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Profile\MapLeakTracker.cs:80)
Verse.Root:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:136)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Entry.cs:38)

Seems the scenario is causing the map_0(title screen i believe) to not be dropped, the game runs into a memory leak trying to generate a colonymap while still having the titlescreen in memory. (speculating).

What version of windows are you using?
I also noticed you are using a 1080 Ti for rendering wich might be related.